8 Gigs of ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running 6Gb (didn't sell crucials when my 2x2 g.skill came in XD) and I'm glad I am. I've had 4+gigs in use on a few occations. Running download procrams, encoding a movie, burning another, and playing a game while listening to music at once tends to eat up the ram pretty quick. That said 8GB is def. not 'needed'.

All depends how much money you wanna burn and what you're doing I guess. I'd say just stick with 4. I love my G.Skill PK's. They're beastly.

oh and Children of Bodom is made of WIN >:D

A lot of posters in this thread are very narrow mided.. they never ask what he intends on running..

What if its some exchange database? **** right it'll use 8 GB if needed. There are plenty of applications that will use 8 GB if needed.. don't assume everyone in here is only going to be running WoW !

If he's smart enough to run a exchange, he won't be here -.- Umm... who's narrowminded again?

If he's smart enough to run a exchange, he won't be here -.- Umm... who's narrowminded again?

Exchange is just an example.. there are countless applications that will utilize more than 2 GB of ram.. and you don't need to be a hardware genius to use them. So a hardware question is valid.

This is not strictly a gaming forum, sorry you think that way.

Eh, thats 4 2gb sticks. Thats not that bad of a price.

yeah the thing is though my local pc parts centre where having a super special offer on the 8gb of ocz it was £100 for it at the time i was looking at 4gb for £82 so i though great £18 more and 2x the ram, well i get the £82 then i was just £18 down so i asked my dad for it

he said ok but he couldn't get his hands on it till the next day and you can guess what happens next, i go up to the guy and ask for it and his reply was "i'm sorry the offer ended yesterday"

and the price is now £120, so i just missed out, £18 i can handle but nearly £50 more

ohh well going on the "upgrade list"

I'm gonna be redudndant....4 gigs max @ 32 bit. 4 gigs max at 32 bit: XP or Vista. Not too many programs out there right now that run on 64 bit. So, for the time being: 32 bit = 4 gigs max. Should I say it again? (I'm not talking servers here...I'm talking me and my PC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom