Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically, get a middle end card for now then wait until DX10 cards come out and then get a better one then?

But okay, since I haven't bought any of the other components, will they be compatable with the cards or would I need a new motherboard for the DX10 cards?

I'm running an old computer, even though it still plays every new game out there, I'm very, very suprised it does.

AMD Athalon 2100 + (1.73 Ghz)
1 G ram from like 2 old computers (got a 512, and two 256, couldn't tell you the brand)
Radeon 9500 Pro 128mb Not sure about the other stuff, my brother had it while he was in the AF and he took/changed some of the other stuff.

Suprisingly though, I can play GRAW w/o lag Of course it's on lowest everything. But it can still play it.

But I know that soon enough, I won't be able to play new games. Very, very soon.

But anyways, I suppose the only thing is, if I don't get a high dollar graphics card now and get a mid-range card that way I won't be spending a lot when the DX10 cards come out, would I have to change my whole hardware for them to be compatable?

The DX-10 Cards should be PCI-16 so you should be fine in that area, however I would NOT match it up with your current stuff, if the motherboard even has PCI-E which I doubt it. Either way you look at you will you want new RAM/Processor/Mobo.

No, DX-10 Cards fit in the same slot the 7600GT will, as long as you buy PCI-Ex16

Haha, no, my Motherboard is still AGP, that's why I'm getting a new computer, I've just been waiting on the money to catch up to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom