7900GTX as well as new Nvidia cards arrive in Europe ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude a pink Geforce 7900GTX. I would totaly buy that just because its pink!! (my old 5600ultra was pink and i loved it till the last day). G80 should be coming out fall 06.

Hmm I thought the G80s were due out in July, guess they've pushed them back.

Anyway, Gb will be fine for now and for vista, but unlike XP, Vista will most likely be able to take advantage of the extra 1Gb of memory. Therefore, if you can, 2x1Gb of memory is the best way to go if you want a futureproof computer for Vista.

HAVOC2k5 said:
ah... I don't care what anyone says. I'm buying the 7900GTX regardless of how many pixel pipes it has, if it's only 655Mhz core or it comes out in pink color only... May-be the X1900XTX will out perform the 7900GTX in some benchmarks... oh well.

When the DX10 / G80 cards come out... by then the price of the 7900GTX's will have dropped a bit and i'll pick up another and use my ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe to it's fullest... muwahahaha....<----Drools...
Why would you do that, if the X1900XT is most likely going to be faster, and $100 cheaper? Now if the 7900GTX surprises us and is faster than the XTX, then OK, but from the looks of things, it won't be. Why would you pay more money for something that is slower?

HAVOC2k5 said:

No, my current build will be strictly for gaming... specifically for UT2007, ES:Oblivion and i'll continue playing BF2.

a pair of 7900GTX's in SLI and toss a new Ageia Physix card, which ASUS has ready for the market, but is waiting for some software to be released..

Being as the 7900GTX is not THAT much more powerful than the 7800GTX512, it looks like SLI might be needed for max settings in UT2007. Especially if you want to play higher than 1024x768. I dont know about Oblivion, but I assume it will be just as demanding.

beedubaya said:
Being as the 7900GTX is not THAT much more powerful than the 7800GTX512, it looks like SLI might be needed for max settings in UT2007. Especially if you want to play higher than 1024x768. I dont know about Oblivion, but I assume it will be just as demanding.

Wow. Go kill yourself right now. Just go, do it. I'm not even kidding. Go jump on the freeway.

Here is the idiot that was saying, "OMG OMG, wait for the 7900GTX. Its gonna be WTFpwnage and its going to play UT2K7 at 1280x1024." And now we see him saying that we're going to need SLI'd 7900GTXs to play UT2K7 at 1280x1024.

You need mental help man.

Seriously though, how can anyone speculate what it will take to run UT2007. Everyone is hyping it up to be the destroyer of hardware, but what happens if it isn't. The new nVidia cards don't even have mainstream availability and UT2007 is still in development. Seeing as how no one knows anything about the game, no one can speculate what it is capable of and what it will take to play it.

And what about ATI. Everyone says the G80 is the only thing that has a fighting chance in the future. ATI proved they can kickass with the X1900XTX.

Flanker said:
Wow. Go kill yourself right now. Just go, do it. I'm not even kidding. Go jump on the freeway.
Haha funniest thing ive heard all day :D
(pretty boring day tho tbh)

i wonder how vista will do since most users have a basic pc with no thoughts of upgrading anytime soon. im waiting for the g80 and go with vista and the conroe chip. all should be out by Q4.

i highly doubt that the release dates will stay put

expect them to be pushed bak

Flanker said:

Here is the idiot that was saying, "OMG OMG, wait for the 7900GTX. Its gonna be WTFpwnage and its going to play UT2K7 at 1280x1024." And now we see him saying that we're going to need SLI'd 7900GTXs to play UT2K7 at 1280x1024.

You need mental help man.

That's the most worthless and degrading post all day. You are the rudest and most socially inept person I've ever seen on any type of internet community. What is your problem?

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom