7900GTX as well as new Nvidia cards arrive in Europe ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah... I don't care what anyone says. I'm buying the 7900GTX regardless of how many pixel pipes it has, if it's only 655Mhz core or it comes out in pink color only... May-be the X1900XTX will out perform the 7900GTX in some benchmarks... oh well.

When the DX10 / G80 cards come out... by then the price of the 7900GTX's will have dropped a bit and i'll pick up another and use my ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe to it's fullest... muwahahaha....<----Drools...

When will the GF8 series be coming out and should i wait for them or should i get my computer at june instead?

Dude a pink Geforce 7900GTX. I would totaly buy that just because its pink!! (my old 5600ultra was pink and i loved it till the last day). G80 should be coming out fall 06.

Kazama said:
When will the GF8 series be coming out and should i wait for them or should i get my computer at june instead?

Remember there is a big issue with DX10 and Windows Vista. You can get a 7900GTX, but when Vista is released, you will be stuck playing your games in emulated DX9 which will provide lower image quality and much worse performance than if you waited for the G80. We are at the end of the Windows XP era, so now is a difficult time if you want to build a PC that will last you a while.

The 7900GTX is a good card though and should play UT2007 without a problem with at least a 1280x1024 resolution, if you have the 512MB version.

OMFG! .... i can't wait that long :( and i want it to last long before i upgrade.... dang, and when it first comes out it will be hella expensive :( that means i gotta wait a year..

beedubaya said:
Remember there is a big issue with DX10 and Windows Vista.

I don't see it as an issue right now. VISTA has been pushed back until the 4th quarter 2006, at least... Could be longer. Then you have to wait until game developers adopt DX10. Then you have to wait until those DX10 games are released and DX10 compatible cards are available. So what are we looking at??? 12-14+ months? By then i'll be building a whole new PC anyway...

No, my current build will be strictly for gaming... specifically for UT2007, ES:Oblivion and i'll continue playing BF2.

a pair of 7900GTX's in SLI and toss a new Ageia Physix card, which ASUS has ready for the market, but is waiting for some software to be released..

na... i'm not waiting... i'll be fragin' the living crap outta your guys at uber FPS while your crying cause your systems are eating my dust... (Joking - Everyone relax)

How long will you think this system go for before i upgrade?

7800 GTX
AMD X2 4200+
A8N-SLi
Kingston 1gb (2x 512mb) Value
19 " Samsung sync master 8ms
WD 50gb 7200rpm 16mb SATAII/300

thanks

Until vista prolly because 1gb ram wont do jack s**t with vista.
Why not get the X2 4400+ for the extra 1mb cache?
Im still going to hold out for g80.

IGB can't do hack SH!T ??? how fast is technolgy going on these days -.-" soon there will be freakin 1 TERRABYTE LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom