7900gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan611

Baseband Member
Quick questions about the 7900gtx. I have read that it has 2 dual link DVI ports. Now I also read that there are two types of DVI. DVI-D which is digital and DVI-A which is analog. Does dual link mean the same as digital or are the 7900gtx's dvi ports analog. I am asking this because if I have a TV with HDMI and no DVI, what I was thinking of doing is connecting the computer to the TV with a DVI-HDMI cable. But then I read that there is two different types of DVI. My questions are these:
1.If I get a 7900gtx and a TV with HDMI inputs and not DVI, will I be able to hook it up with no problem?
2.Which type of DVI cable will I need, DVI-D or DVI-A?
3.What does the 7900gtx support, DVI-D or DVI-A?
4.What is dual link mean?
5.What is DVI-I?

If you guys could answer those 5 quick questions, it would be extremely helpful to me. THANKS GUYS! REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

1) yes
2) it should come with the cables you need
3) i believe both and if it doesnt you can get a connector for it
4) you can have 2 links running at a time?
5) DVI-i = digital video interface and that means it can transmit dvi-d and dvi-a

so yeh you will be able to do whatever you want with this baby

well it should come with the cables you need like tehdighit said but if your buying it off NEWEGG and it sez OEM the you wont get those cables. newegg also sells them with cables labeled RETAIL.
just wanted you to be aware because ive seen people buy oem on accident and where not happy.

good link by the way tehdighit (for Q# 4)

thanks dark omen

and yes watch out for refurbished items because they dont come with manuals, cables, disks or anything. just the peice of hardware(which saves you money if you need a replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom