7900GT for less then 400 CDN.. Should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a PNY 6600, and I had no problems with the card. They have a tendency to put old-ish drivers on the disk, but that can easily be remedied anyway! And the 3000 Venice will only bottleneck it at lower resolutions, when the card isn't really being strained. I read a review on Tom's Hardware (I think), where even a FX60 held the 7900GTX and 1900XTX back at low res, but started catching up at higher res's and high AA and AF. Even I get 100AVG in FEAR before I turn the details WAAAYYYY up! :D Hope it helps!

go to www.liata.com

they have a store in Mississauga and I bet they could get u the evga 7900GT in almost the same price. They don't have it on the site but just go to the store and talk to them, they can get u anything and have the best prices.

If you want to get one, and you have the money then...why not. PNY wouldn't exactly be my first choice, but ****, go for it.

I've been making a big deal about how its the GPU that bottlenecks and hardly ever the CPU. Don't worry, your 3000+ will be fine with the 7900GT.

you can always get a BFG from ecshop.ca ( in richmond hill i think) for $380 or something.

hey is the GST 6% now?

you just saved yourself 3-4 dollars!!

if you buy from onatrio or anywhere other than BC you're only paying 6%.

if you buy from ncix (i'm assuming you're from BC) then you're lookin at 13% total tax.. still good :D

Other way around. I'm in TORONTO. Toronto is located in ONTARIO. I would pay only 6% if I bought it from NCIX.

ohh lol ok right on then ;)

ncix has pretty high prices but when they have those sales they can have some pretty nice deals.

oh and make sure you're on their mailing list.. prices much lower on that..

doh! i didn't see it says toronto there! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom