7900gt is good but not that good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Running

Daemon Poster
hey i was checking out the x1800xt today, and noticed its around the same price as the 7900gt. i looked at a few reviews against both and the x1800xt beats the 7900gt in most cases. plus the X1*** cards generally have better IQ than nvidia cards, not trying to sound like a fanboy but just letting you guys know, if your thinking aobut the 7900gt, consider the x1800xt too.

i appreciate the post... i know i do this, and i would imagine that others do it as well, but once you find the brand that you get, you stick with it because you understand how it works. being moderatelly new to computers (technologically stupid 2 years ago) i still don't understand intel and ati's product line-up and what the newer models are. not so much intel as ati though

better IQ?? wut?? and u do sound like a fanboy, lol. Concerning the topic, of course a x1800xt is faster than a 7900gt. Ppl SHOULD consider both cards (if they have the money :p) although that is rarely the case due to biases against a brand, usually ATI.

The fanboyism can be seen anywhere like when we had a thread on conroe showing how much it kicked *** over anything AMD had and ppl were still like "you would have to pay me to get an intel".

EDIT: disregard my post, i thought it said x1900xt

Running said:
hey i was checking out the x1800xt today, and noticed its around the same price as the 7900gt. i looked at a few reviews against both and the x1800xt beats the 7900gt in most cases. plus the X1*** cards generally have better IQ than nvidia cards, not trying to sound like a fanboy but just letting you guys know, if your thinking aobut the 7900gt, consider the x1800xt too.

huh? i havent seen a review showing the x1800xt is better than a 7900???? mind posting a link please?

ill post up a link tomorrow since its pretty late over here. IQ = image quality. i know for sure that anandtech went over that in one of its articles. ill get the link sometime tmrw night.

This is interesting, i'm concidering buying a 7900GT to replace my sadly departed 6800.
Sure'y there must be some mistake? I didn't think the x1800xt was anywhere near the 7900GT, and the x1900xt is much more expensive... no?

As for IQ, i've seen the comparisons on gamespot and I cant tell the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom