7900GT brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lagomorph

Solid State Member
Hi,
I was going to get the EVGA 7900GT KO when I found that it's sold out on newegg. Now, I figure my options are either to get it from a different site (about $30 more) or to get a different brand card from newegg.

If I do get it somewhere else, is this a decent place to get it? It has a pretty good score on resellerratings.com

EVGA's KO has faster core and memory clocks than the other brands and I hear the workmanship and service are good. I just want to order this thing this week.

What do you guys suggest? I hear bad things about MSI's 7900GT. Don't know about XFX or BFG.

Thanks

Looks pretty legit to me. As long as it has good strong ratings you should be fine. I would still go newegg personally because of past experiences with ordering from smaller retailers.

im usin the gainwards 7900gt, its pre OCed too, performs really well, you should check it out

IrishNinjaX said:
im usin the gainwards 7900gt, its pre OCed too, performs really well, you should check it out
I've got that one too, the 512mb memory version. And I must say it's a great product, from the box it ships in to the graphics on your screen.

I don't know if it's pre-OCed but at first the card would cause my system to crash when playing high-res but that's because my memory would overheat. It doesn't have many heatsinks on the memory so you might want to clock that down. But with the new case, I've got no problems really, it's just my old case that really made it a problem. If you've got good airflow and cooling options in your system I guess that's no point to worry about. In a proper environment, it's a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom