7900gt or 7800gtx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie_master

Baseband Member
which one is better?

i searched and i can get a 7900 for about $580.00AU and a 7800gtx for about $677.00AU. prices indicate that 7800gtx is better but wouldnt a newer model be better?.

both cards are leadtek models and are from same shop so it isnt like comparing leadtek with xfx and cheap shop with expensive shop.

Cameron

don't want to mess this up too much, so correct me if i am wrong, but i heard somewhere that the meathod in which they made the 7900 series was some kind of revolutionary thing that made it cheap to manufacture, as well as a huge increase in performance. I might be thinking of a specific brand like eVGA or something, but that could be the reason.

i don't want to force you to wait or make you feel like you should, but i persoanally am totally waiting for the dx10 cards. the dx9.0c is comming to a hardcore end and ur system will be... wats the word... "emulating" (?) the game, and lowering performance.

If you want to go for it though, i totally would say to do it (again, not trying to tell you to wait, just expressing what i feel..).

Also, the gtx COULD be better, but i wouldn't think so... especially almost $100AU better...

The GTX is faster but its not worth the extra $$$ for it.

**I thought you meant the 7900GTX - the 7900GT is faster than the 7800GTX.

its strange isnt it? after all these years technology finally wants to play nice and everyones like "what?? But...something better..always..cost more...." lol. For years tech has been sold on its convenience factor for the consumer regardless of production cost (2 cent technology for $15 etc) Simply putting a price on performance. This is certainly going to speed up the industry. That's for **** sure. Cheaper tech = frequent upgrades = demand for new tech = more consumers! yay!

ahem..yes.. 7900GT >>>>>> 7800gtx.

i am living proof the 7900gt spanks the 7800 gtx.... with my score of 8950 stock speeds!!! woot! this thing spanks the 7800gtx, and i love it.. gaming on a budget!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom