7900GS vs. 7900GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thom, mate i think you need to look to the left of my post and at this line from the bottom
i'm planning on ordering this tonight so i can get it quick before christmas (remembering in west Oz we are basically a day ahead of you folks in the US)
they sure aren't under $300 here ;)

there are still differences between the 7800GT and 7900GS though they do posess the same number of pipes

ive got a 7950GT, its also the Leadtek version, i can run all my games on highest settings/ screen res(1280x1024 17" LCD) and i get good FPS.
Games i play are Battlefield 2142, Doom3, FEAR, FEAR combat, Hitman blood money.
Oh and its silent, cant even hear it over my case fans(which are also quiet)

i've seen some ppl posting 7900GS clock speeds of 600MHz+ core clock speed with out voltmoding on here... dont believe it, they dont know what their doing. i overclocked my friends 7900GS and started getting artifacts around 577MHz (or somewhere around there, dont exactly have a bear trap of a mind) which is about where i ran into artifacts w/ my 7900GT before voltmoding... so i think they can overclock bout the same, relative to each stock speed. u can probably expect the same advantage of a oc'd 7900GT as a oc'd 7900GS as when they wern't overclocked.

anyone got any benchmark reviews on this? im curious myself

I vote for the 7900GS.* Yeah, it may have 4 less pipes, but it does overclock quite a bit past the 7900GT. I personally wouldn't consider the extra $70+ worth it for the 7900GT, might as well go for the 7950GT for another $20.

*Edited; Wrote 7800GS instead of 7900GS first time around.

thanks Tri. well it's settled i'll have my 7900GS by this Friday, it now being Wednesday here. i'm quite peeved. the dang retailer doesn't keep stock of 7900GS's, how pathetic is that? seeing as my mother is paying she just couldn't be bothered with any more crap and frankly neither could i so we're waiting for them to courier one in.

edit: i've got the 7900GS and i certainly don't regret it :D. using the stock fan and no volt mods i can beat my friend's brother's 7900GT which runs at 520/750. so far i've tested to 590/800 :D :D :D

nitestick said:
thanks Tri. well it's settled i'll have my 7900GS by this Friday, it now being Wednesday here. i'm quite peeved. the dang retailer doesn't keep stock of 7900GS's, how pathetic is that? seeing as my mother is paying she just couldn't be bothered with any more crap and frankly neither could i so we're waiting for them to courier one in.

edit: i've got the 7900GS and i certainly don't regret it :D. using the stock fan and no volt mods i can beat my friend's brother's 7900GT which runs at 520/750. so far i've tested to 590/800 :D :D :D

very nice to see you out of stonehenge from your old 6600gt... now you can join us all in a game of fear online!! and competing from 3dmark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom