7900 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeaaaaaaaaah. I won't be upgrading for atleast 2 years in which I should hopefully have money for whatever socket AMD will be on by then, whatever RAM (MAYBE DDR3 by then, doubt it though) and anything else I'll need. I'll have to see how things are going, because maybe in 2 years I won't even want to be playing that many games, but either way I wouldn't be getting the latest and greatest.

I'm fine with my 6800GT for now and I still plan on playing Elder Scrolls with this system although the RAM is basically acting up and has to be at 200MHz and things like that, but OH WELL.

I've seen that Far cry video before.....quite some time ago at that.......you'd think they'd have the actual video out for download and not just some crappy recording of it.

It does look crazy......about time they brought in destructible environments considering a game I played on dreamcast had it YEARS ago......Red Faction was the game. You could tunnel through the walls with rockets :p

I'm not talking about what Dell is selling right now, I'm talking about what most people have. I live in Irvine, CA, and the average salary around here is ~$75.000, so I could be considered to be living in a wealthy society. But when it comes to computers, idiocrisy transcends wealth. Most of the people around here, along with most of the people in the country, have on average a Sub-3.0GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB RAM AT MOST, an average of 40-80GB HDD, and a crappy graphics card, maybe a FX5200.

I mean, Dell sells a 3.8GHz Pentium 4, 2GB RAM, 1 TB Hard Drive, and Quad-GPU setups, but that doesn't mean that thats what people own. I don't care what your local Best Buy sells, thats not the average of what people actually own.

I have my specs in my sig. I figure to get 2-3 more years of gaming out of this rig, I mostly play CSS and COD2 online.

When I worked at Gateway about 80% of my sales had integrated graphics, the ones with dedicated graphics usually were cheap cards to guys who want to do video editing or play flight simulator. Occassionally I'd sell to a gamer a system with a 6800ultra or an x800 though.

90% of the systems had integrated audio too. 90% of the people just surf the web & email & do homework or work on it, not games.

Most systems had 512 mb ram and about a 2.8 P4, about a third were celerons.

I sold a lot of computers with the 2.66 ghz P4, simply because they were cheap and had a P4, computer illiterate people hear the word pentium and they think speed!

In my area, most people use Windows 95 still paired with AOL, and some of them are upgrading but they are getting the $299 deal. People just don't care about computers in my area, and its that way in a lot of places. It might have to do with how many high tech jobs are in an area, because they are way more high-tech in places like San Francisco, Houston, and Chicago where Alex lives.

look TF ppl. usually ppl are interested in what comp can provide em in everyday life. (internet shopping, e-mailing, chat, etc..) not wanting comp because they like comp. nor because they want to play PC games in highest quality. thats a big difference. so $299 comp is enough for most of ppl who never comes to this or any other comp related sites. its like same thing that some ppl spends $5000 on speakers and another $1000 for speaker cables. well..$99 boombox plays the same CD u kno.

Flanker said:
I'm not talking about what Dell is selling right now, I'm talking about what most people have. I live in Irvine, CA, and the average salary around here is ~$75.000, so I could be considered to be living in a wealthy society. But when it comes to computers, idiocrisy transcends wealth. Most of the people around here, along with most of the people in the country, have on average a Sub-3.0GHz Pentium 4 processor, 512MB RAM AT MOST, an average of 40-80GB HDD, and a crappy graphics card, maybe a FX5200.

I mean, Dell sells a 3.8GHz Pentium 4, 2GB RAM, 1 TB Hard Drive, and Quad-GPU setups, but that doesn't mean that thats what people own. I don't care what your local Best Buy sells, thats not the average of what people actually own.

lol exact same thing I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom