7900 Gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.
'06 it does, but not very much. Not worth going to a Dual Core just to get a couple of hundred points more in 3DMark06, lol.

lol yep :D People like K|ngP|n Need a new hobbie....lol

Well its just if nos is trying to pull 10,000 in 05 with a single GT I think I can easily do that becuase Im pulling 7,000 in 06 and I was wondering it was the dualie pulling me ahead or not

He has a 7900GT? Should be easy if overclocked to 7900GTX speeds.

Speaking of the 7900GTX, its not worth it. Its the same thing with the 6800GT and 6800Ultra. It's a much higher overclock needed from the 7900GT, but it can reach 7900GTX speeds for $180 less.

I was going to say ummm 4???

Your right with single slot cooling your already taking away one slot,
Unless you have the puny stock 7900GT fan,
..7950GX2 = nothing left lol...Im suprised one pre built company was able to fit a in a XFI Extreme music card into there build with Quad sli...I think it was the Overdrive Geminime...not sure

1.im talking about gaming,

2.after the amd price cuts you will be able to get something like a 4800+ or better for like 315.

3. gaming wise there would be pretty much less than 5fps diference between the two.

4.in non gaming benchmarks the 4800+ would still be about the same than the conroe

5. i am trying to figure out what the point of this big "OMG conroe!!! R0x0rx teh b0x0rz' was all about..it sounded like people where paid by intel to spam the boards with 'ConROE R0X~!!!! itz going to crush everything!!!' talk.

6. im just aksing these questions because they have been bugging me ever since i saw the benchies..and the news of how much amd is going to slash the price on the beast that the high end 939 socket cpu's still are.

thnx

Don't I wish.

The X2 4800+ would be no match for the similarly-priced E6600 in non-gaming, or GPU-unlimited situations. No competition.

o

Lord AnthraX said:
Hey nosboost are you on a single core?

Does dual core make that much of a diffrence in 3Dmark 05 and 06?

:confused:

oh sorry i've been away for a while.. yes i am running a single core, i don't really know if dual core makes you go that much farther ahead... but i'm guessing it does.. and yup 7900 gt.. havent tried taking it too far with this heat in california though..... i'm considering volt modding it.. i have the XFX one with 520/1500... it takes it pretty far, it surprises me.. i ran it with 550/1750.. for my next run i'm going to use 560/1800.... one day i'll try volt modding.. once i get enough courage.. and cash in case i mess up :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom