79 or 78

Status
Not open for further replies.
well right now i am currently running a single 17'' samsung 730b monitor at 60hz on 1280x1024. i play games at 1280x1024 if it allows. but i plant to move to a larger resolution on this 22'' crt monitor i am getting from a friend for free. its pretty nice flat screened one. i think it supports 1600x1200 or somthing similar. and when i play my games at 1280x1024 i get a little lag like in oblivion and cod2. so if i went sli it would handle larger resolutions better?

SLi is a waste of money, just keep ur 7800GT for now, speaking of which what are your specs, maybe its something else keeping you from playing on max settings, the 7800GT should do fine on all.

its not necesarily the graphic option its more of just wanting to play on a higher resolution. but my specs are

2.0ghz sempron
1 gig pc 3200
7800gt
80gig wD HDD
and the samsung 17 lcd 8ms monitor

only thing i have weak in my cpu b ut it is not temp till i can get some more cash

wellu kinda got the 1 gig not doing so well for ya.
and possibly the monitor. wats the FSB?

I say SLI isn't a waste of money if you already have a card. But buying two cards for SLI at one time is a waste. SLI 7800 GTs would out perform a 7900 GTX and a X1900 XTX. Don't even bother with trying to sell your card.

Really you should just stick with the 7800 GT and wait till the R600 or G80 comes out. But if you want performance now, I say grab another 7800 GT and SLI them. I am usually against SLI, but since you already have one of the cards and SLI is starting to mature, along with games using SLI more efficient then before I think SLI isn't that bad. I think it is stupid to buy two cards in one upgrade and SLI them, when usually a single card will play games fine.

So either wait till the R600/G80 comes out or get another 7800 GT and SLI them. The boost of performance from a 7800 GT to a 7900 GT isn't worth paying 300 dollars for.

thats the answer i like to hear. this will probly be close to my last upgrade as i plan to join the marines soon. unless i have to wait untill next june to make force recon because theirs only 2 slots available each state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom