780i sli boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

fletchcountry

Solid State Member
I am novice and am looking to build a gaming system. I am looking at the striker 2 or the evga 780i board. The evga board is less expensive but is it less of a board? I plan on running dual 8800 gtx gpu's and patriot, ocz or corsair mem. I was planning on the wolfdale e-8400 cpu but everyone seems to be sold out and I have read that quad core can freeze the system. I need some input from some more exeperienced builders.

I have the striker 2 formula, very awesome and very stable board, can not say enough good things about it, great for novice over clocking and greatfor just regular overclocking even if you know what you are doing. I currently have a q6660 in it and it is sitting at 3.7, stable. There is the cpu level up for novices with a push of one buttone make it overclock to 3.5 for quad core it is rather nice. Also ran a dual core in it as well and seems to do fairly well. The striker is expensive but well worth it if you can afford it.

My 780i SLI should be here any minute. To be honest, I am quite impressed with EVGA boards. Asus has always been recommended, although I personally won't buy them.

I was leaning that direction because of the auto oc. So you have had no problem with a quad core freezing up or overheating?

No problems at all. Temps for the quad @3.5 are 40 idle, not to bad....
No lock ups or anything of the sort. I am using this board with the 6600 @ 3.7 and 8 Gigs of corsair all work great on the board also like the lcd poster rather nice for troubleshooting as well.

No problems at all. Temps for the quad @3.5 are 40 idle, not to bad....
No lock ups or anything of the sort. I am using this board with the 6600 @ 3.7 and 8 Gigs of corsair all work great on the board also like the lcd poster rather nice for troubleshooting as well.
do you run a server then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom