780G onboard video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
I am going to be building a pc in the next two weeks and have been looking around on newegg for parts. I noticed that these 780G chipset motherboards have decent onboard video comprising of a HD 3200 which is based off the HD 2600? Also they overclock really well giving you a 20% FPS increase. Now my question's are, what cooler would fit on the north bridge on this motherboard (Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards), is it worth getting the more expensive version ($15 more) that has 128mb gddr3 embedded memory, and would using the onboard video overclocked on a 17" crt monitor at 1024x768 give me good fps in games like Counter-Strike:Source?

that onboard is more than enuogh to handle cs source..

and just get nice airflow in ur case, and i really don't think you need to worry about a chipset cooler

My 3850 rig? My gf's laptop took a crap so I gave her my whole setup. Also because I got fed up with overclocking and the fact my whole cooling solution for the computer was stock. Video card and cpu overclocking was crap. If I had invested 100$ in cooling I would have kept it. Im gonna build a x2 5400, 2gb ddr2 1066, and later a HD 4850 rig but I will use onboard for now.

The HD 3200 is slower than that HD 2600 xt you found because the stock HD 3200 is clocked at 500mhz where the XT's are clocked at 800mhz. There the same core just different clock speeds. People with the stock cooling have hit 900mhz easy.

I don't want to spend the extra $15 for the 128mb dedicated memory if it's not worth it.

Update-Apparently the side port memory gives a 10% fps increase over the previous version without it and its overclockable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom