7800Gtx vs my 6800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bet you have other issues other than your card . Why do you need everything on max anyways? Lighting in BF2 just kills FPS and hardly does anything to graphics....etc etc...

I play bf2 well, @1280x1024/no aa/no shadows/no lighting. Everything else high. On a 6600gt. Plus BF2 is a server lag game, meaning, depending on the server you will always find some lag.

The lighting is what would be giving him lag in the first place but its what gives the game some ummph. If your getting artifacts then you better back off cause that means your card is overheating which i didnt think possible w/ that one. What do you have it set at? And the betas might be a problem. I use the 77.72s still myself. BTW this is on my fx5700 rig im talking about here. So im playing w/ this maxed on a card that is virtualy generations below the 6800GT (remember kids i said virtualy)

gaara said:
Haha, you think the $800 7800Ultra is a good price for the performance? It's nothing more than a tweaked and overclocked 7800GTX with added VRAM...like any other leading edge technology you're paying a huge premium for the absolute best, even though you're paying a huge chunk more than bleeding edge technology for a small margin in performance increase

Yes it is expensive but the 512mb version is more than just an overclocked GTX 256mb. It is clocked at stock speeds that many GTX can never reach no matter the cooling. While i do not think that the performance is worth the cost i personally am to cheap to consider upgrading my rig till it is actually necersary.

I had mine set to: 470 core... and 1100 mem but Im gonna load the old cmos settings, and put everything to default, then get rid of those drivers, and then see what happens. If that does work, Ill still probably get a 256 or 512 7800... And, newegg doesnt have it for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom