7800GTX 512 overclockable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've proven me wrong, but when the card came out there were none, right? I think I remember hearing that so thats what I was basing it off.

Just because some random person who probably doesn't know what they're talking about said it, doesn't make it true. FEAR was out before the 7800GTX-512MB.

FEAR is a very innefficient engine, and the most demanding game on the market today. FEAR is a lot like Unreal Engine 3 will be, yet UE3 will be even much more demanding than FEAR.

Its amazing how todays games are bringing the latest and greatest cards to their knees. This is why PC gaming is dissappearing so quickly.

beedubaya said:
FEAR is a very innefficient engine, and the most demanding game on the market today. FEAR is a lot like Unreal Engine 3 will be, yet UE3 will be even much more demanding than FEAR.

Its amazing how todays games are bringing the latest and greatest cards to their knees. This is why PC gaming is dissappearing so quickly.
Whoa PC gaming is disappearing? Yikes ..

Anyway, is it worth it to have these huge engines for just a little bit more realism? I mean, look at the Source engine. It runs well even on budget cards today, like the 9800 Pro/XT or 6600's. I've never played F.E.A.R., but I doubt it looks much more realistic than HL2, and you need a rig that costs three times as much as mine to play F.E.A.R. at comparable settings.

Not just one person, someone posted a thread saying it came out and then a few people replied saying that the card was so well made and ahead of its time that the processors out at that time couldn't let the card go to its fullest.

FEAR is a very nice game, in my opinion. A little to short, beat it in a sunday's worth of playing but it is very graphically intense as someone stated above.

EDIT: Oh, and I didnt know an FX-57 came out. I didnt hear about it, just knew the FX-55 was the highest. Also, no need to snap my head off, was just a mistake.

Anyway, is it worth it to have these huge engines for just a little bit more realism? I mean, look at the Source engine. It runs well even on budget cards today, like the 9800 Pro/XT or 6600's. I've never played F.E.A.R., but I doubt it looks much more realistic than HL2, and you need a rig that costs three times as much as mine to play F.E.A.R. at comparable settings.
Play FEAR and then i wont have to say a word. It DOES look bettr than HL2 by far.

Yeah, I dont think they could have done FEAR on the Source engine. However, they could have made it a bit less demanding. Yeah, it looks good, probably the best game out today graphically, but it definately doesn't look good enough to be as demanding as it is.

i just set my rig up and rnning.
using 7800GTX512 w/ x2 4800+.
CPU and RAM at stock, GPU @ 600/1800.
got these benchie...

3DMark03 = 21492
3DMark05 = 10250

im gonna try OC CPU next and see...but u know what..i don really have to... :) heehee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom