7800GT or the GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
Should I get a 7800GT or a 7800GTX because I think a 3700+ might bottleneck a 7800GTX.

Also I hear you can unlock the 4 extra pipelines on the GT.

They don't bottleneck each other as such, like having ram at a lower speed to the cpu bus speed.

Looking at the specs you can afford in your sig, I would get the X1800?

Anyway, I have a 7800gt oc paired up with a AMD 64 3000. And you can always overclock it to a nice high speed.

I keep hearing that a GTX would be held up from the CPU that isn't really fast.

7800GTX VS 7800GT with a 3700+ CPU; If there isn't as much of an improvment I think I'll just get a GT that comes with COD2 and save 100 bucks.

no the only bottleneck would be anything lower then a 3000+ there you start to lose around 10-20fps compared to an FX

get a 7800GT if your on a budget, get the GTX if you can afford it

Get the GT and overclock it like it's a GTX. Your processor is strong. Heck, my PC could handle the 7800GTX, especially if I kicked it up to 3500+ speeds.

Ryan

The problem arises when you have a high-end GFX card and a mid to lower end CPU if you are trying to run games at their highest settings and the monitors highest resolution. Anything over 1280X1024 will be tough for a mid to lowend CPU to give the GFX card what it needs.

Yeah i'd go with the 7800 GT, then read up on unlocking those extra pipelines to make it like a GTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom