Intel D945Psn Motherboard
NZXT Lexa case
2 GB OCZ Ram
OCZ Modstream 520 W PSU
Maxtor 250 GB HD
Iomagic DVD/CD/RW/DL
Logitech Z5500
Geforce FX5500 128 mb PCI video card

I'm just burrowing the 5500 video card until I make my purchase on either the 7800GT or 7800GTX. I have 500 $ to spend on it, however, Is it worth paying the extra money for the 7800GTX? Also, There are soooo many brands and model numbers, whats the best BRAND and model number for under this price tag? (preferably with a game included :) ) please send me a link! Also, These speakers (logitech Z-5500) kicks *** sooo much! What is the best sound card for under 200 for a 5.1 systsem? These speakers kick much *** on my integrated sound card from intel, will I even notice a difference and is it worth buying a real sound card with these sweeeet speakers?

Best video card...

The eVGA 7800GT 256-P2-N517-AX.
The 7800GTX is such a waste, it only beats the 7800GT by a few FPS at high resolutions, and the 7800GT actually beats it by a few FPS at lower resolutions. Get a Soundblaster X-fi XtremeMusic sound card.

EDIT:

Weeee 2000th post!! Can anybody tell me how to link to single posts?

Also, you should have gotten an Athlon 64 3800+ X2 or Opteron 165.

The GT or the GTX is purely up to you, either card will offer great performance in all of todays games. As for brands, thats opinionative (spelling?) but from what people say the best ones are EVGA and BFG.

I am sad to say you are probably better off with the GT. :( (I paid the extra for a GTX)

They are both excellent and you might as well save the extra cash.

Yeah get a 7800gt. It is awsome. It can play anything you throw at it right now.
The x-fi sound card is awsome too. I just got one for christmas. My brothers nice speakers sound awesome on it. Cant wait to get some of my own.... *drools*

anyone who is upset with the gtx ill be glad to trade for my gt =) well anyways, the setup looks good but what 003 said "Also, you should have gotten an Athlon 64 3800+ X2 or Opteron 165." would have been a better choice, but as your system sounds it shoulds till perform decent if not better than decent, i can tell you itll be better than mine performs =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom