7800GT to 52" Wide screen HDTV rear projection - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2006, 12:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default 7800GT to 52" Wide screen HDTV rear projection

I have a eVGA 7800GT http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130035

And I would like to use my 52" rear projection HDTV as a monitor but im not sure what cabling I would need to use for that... ive seen DVI to HDMI but im not sure thatÂ’s what I need exactly. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 10-05-2006, 02:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

Did your video card come with any adapters?

My x1900xt came with a DVI to S-video adapter, That I am using.

You can use whatever your TVs inputs are. (lowest quality to highest quality) S-video, component video, or HDMI.

If your audio out on your PC doesn't have RCA out, You will also need a 3.5mm to RCA cable or adapter to get sound out of your TV.

If you still want to use headphone/PC speakers with your setup, You will need a 3.5mm Y adapter to plug into your PC, Then you can plug your TV into 1 of the outputs and your headphones/PC speakers into the other output.

I hope this helps

Old 10-05-2006, 07:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
MechEng Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to cwiz

what kind of tv did you get? im using dvi to hdmi (DBD's first pic). its great picture quality, but it is out of format by like 2 mouse pointer lengths in each direction (height and width). if i use my DVI->VGA converter out of the back of my 7900 then a VGA-VGA plug to the back of my tv, its supposed to format correctly, but i found this out after i bought the $40 cable... so i still use it.

the refresh rate isnt that great. when i play fps's, there is like a .25sec lag so i just use it as a second monitor. i have my friends watch on the tv while i use the monitor. it makes for some good eye candy, but its no good for actually gamming (at least for fast games like fear or cs:s)
Change the world
PS3 -> Folding as we speak Team# 64582
Closed Thread