7800GS... AGP is 'out'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk97

In Runtime
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1010363

It doesn't seem like he's faking.... plus the heatsink design for the vga cooler would be hard to fake. I guess it's just a slip up at the store... but that means it'll be out soon.

Apperently it's sopposed to be a 375mhz clock, with 16 pipes. Looks like the drivers and 3Dmark don't recognize it all the way.

hmmmm looks like a decent card, well being a person that does still have AGP im happy that they havn't completely phased it out yet, i'm not going to buy one though.

eh, it might not be a bad idea to buy one. I mean, that is if I were in your shoes. That way you could see your computer live to the end of it's possible days. Of course, it won't be much better than a 6800GT, if at all.

Ryan

Only 16 pipes?? Screw that one man! W/ watercooling im sure to pull that guys OC off w/ my 6800GT and prolly get same performance. Jebus, time to pull out the cash and upgrade to PCI-E and G71 i guess.
EDIT: I totaly passed something up. Anybody think you can unlock the pipes in this card?

Im sure theyve known all along considering im sure they have known about Rivatuner and flashing since it came out. I dont think they would stop locking pipes just cause of that.

ATI actually breaks some of their pipes. Otherwise, I'd have this thing unlocked to an X700 pro by now. It's not just a lock, they break one of the 4 in the extra group.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom