7800gs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krustis

Baseband Member
Hi all, i am thinking of upgrading my system to a 7800GS grahpics card, my pc can only use AGP cards so it is best card i can buy (so i have heard). There is a large price difference between the 256mb and the 512 mb card, is it worth the extra money for the extra memory, and what difference will it make. DO you know how well it could run BF2142? Thanks for your help.

Thanks for fast reply, what kind of framerate did u get on medium, becuase on my current 6600GT it can drop to 15 for minutes at a time.

truthfully... it lagged a little (sparingly) but I didn't check to see what kind of rates I was getting... (I'm not that worried about it... if it'll play it without lag, I'm happy...) but I think the lagging was from all the stuff I had open and not the game/gpu... but you will see a big difference in the cards, if you get it.

Brilliant thanks a lot, will the extra 256mb make a lot of difference if i can get the 512 one?

Thanks people, in that case i think i will get the 256, cheers. I do intend to play future games tho yes. Will i be able to install dx10 and use it with the 7800?

as of now... games are going to be backwards compatible with DX9, so your good. But it's not known yet when the day will come that it's DX10 only...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom