Status
Not open for further replies.
TriEclipse said:
eVGA > Gigabyte.

Actually.

eVGA > Everyone.

agreed.

KNiGHTMaRe89 said:
is the fan really that loud on the 7900gs?

i think your worrying a little to much about it. the fan shouldn't be any louder than anything else in your computer (cpu fan, case fans, hdd's, etc). the 7900gs hands it to the 7600gt, no doubt about it. im not sure about the price difference but its most likely worth it imo.

Knightmare, have you been reading Newegg reviews? Shame on you! :p

I kid, I kid. But seriously, never take Newegg reviews seriously. Most of them are just idiots who don't know how to build their computers right. As for the fans, like ThirdLeft said above me, you're worrying a bit too much about that. The 7900GS is twice as strong as, and completely wipes the floor with, the 7600GT. Plus, its made by arguably the best video card retailer on the planet.

TriEclipse said:
. The 7900GS is twice as strong as,

I agree that 7900GS is better for the price, but I don't agree that it is twice as fast as 7600GT, even the 7900GT is not as twice as fast as 7600GT

7900GS is about 40%-50% faster than 7600GT

yup, i own a 7900 gs from evga and the fan gets pretty loud when u turn the comp on, but then it fades away pretty quickly. later when windows is running normally, u cant really hear it until u decide that u want to hear it, and then u can hear the sound, but for me its no problem coz i use headphones and i dont care about the sound of the fan anyways
but ya, the card is insane and is good for the price
thanks to newegg and evga for the 7900gs

TriEclipse said:
Knightmare, have you been reading Newegg reviews? Shame on you! :p

I kid, I kid. But seriously, never take Newegg reviews seriously. Most of them are just idiots who don't know how to build their computers right. As for the fans, like ThirdLeft said above me, you're worrying a bit too much about that. The 7900GS is twice as strong as, and completely wipes the floor with, the 7600GT. Plus, its made by arguably the best video card retailer on the planet.

yea, i just ordered the 7900gs as we speak. i know i made the right choice. i also ordered an Opteron 165, OCZ 1GB and WD 250GB HDD.

TriEclipse said:
Return the Opteron 165 and get a Core 2 Duo. :p

i would but im not about to start from scratch again when it took me a year to build my 939 build and i just finished it.

You're already ordering a new processor and new memory. Getting a new motherboard would hardly be considered starting from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom