7200 s-ata vs 10 000 s-ata

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
i'm thinkin' about upgradin' my hard drive.....

i'm lookin' at a raptor 10k on tigerdirect.ca for 175.00 canadian...but...is there really that much of a noticalble difference?

especially when i could get a cuda or cav with 5x the amount of space for less???

Well, if you consider a 10k HDD being approx. 3.6ms faster than a 7200, that makes quite a difference in the long run. I would go for 10k any day over 7200.

yes, i do see that point,

but, also in the long run (so it seems right now anyway), programs are getting bigger and bigger and bigger, especially games.

do i want to fork out the money for a crazy fast drive with a size capasity that was thought crazy 4 years ago, or do i want a drive that is slightly above average with a very, very nice capasity.

tha's wha's messin' me up and so far, the 10k drive isn't impressing me...

Well the idea of using the 10 k rpm drive is to store ur OS and some games on it while storing other stuff on a larger compacity 7200 rpm drive.

The Hard Drive is what decides how fast things load. Besides the OS loading at record speeds, you game maps and stuff will also load crazy fast.

Kalek said:
Well the idea of using the 10 k rpm drive is to store ur OS and some games on it while storing other stuff on a larger compacity 7200 rpm drive.

This is what I did with my 10K Raptor.

WINDOWS XP - DRIVERS - PAGING FILE - MAJOR APPS - HIGH-END GAMES = ONLY

Everything else that isn't demanding or OS related goes on 1 of my many other HDD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom