680sli Mobo Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurdaX

In Runtime
Hey I would like your honest opinion on a mobo, the EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard. Is this a good mobo, do you own or have experience with this mobo and would you recommend a person interested in this mobo to go out and get it. At the present moment I am not thinking about getting 2 video cards but planning on just running only one, maybe I change my mind in the near future the same goes for OCing. I would just like the mobo for future upgrades and the awesome features I have been both reading about and hearing from one and two people who own this mobo. So I am asking for you guys two cents about this mobo and is it a wise choice to get it please and thank you in advance

P.S. - Please leave advantages and disadvantages of owning this specific mobo.

There is definitely alot of room for upgrading on that mobo.

I think it just depends if people think it is worth the extra cash.

Right now all the 680i mobo's are alittle pricey.

I have no experience with that mobo, but I have READ that the board just keeps getting better and better with some bios updates.

This is the motherboard I bought, sitting in a box behind me right now. I havent used it yet becuae I still need to buy the CPU and PSU. But I read a lot of reviews on it at Newegg, and it sounded good. The guy at Compusa thought it was pretty sweet. Also be sure to flash the BIOS, and use the latest device drivers because people have been having issues with SATA drives and blue screen of death, and other problems, you can read about it at www.BFGtech.com

so rather than that, all should be great with your motherboard as long as you do that, if you decide to buy it. :)

good luck

Alot of people say it's buggy, but it's not true. As long as you update the BIOS, you're good to go. It's a great board, and supposedly the best chipset to run core 2 duos.

Most important thing as said by others is flash before u even install windows. If you even plan to go SLI this mobo is the board for it.

People bad talk this board cause they are either to cheap or too poor to afford it. What didn't have bugs when it first came out. This board is leading edge and in my opinion the best you can get. I got one, still waiting for it to arrive via UPS. Everything i read before i ordered this was positive. As long as you're willing to flash your bios and update the drivers you will be loving this board. In 2 years when everyone who was badmouthing this board is upgrading their mobos we will see what was more cost effective. Spend an extra 100 dollars now and not have to upgrade in 2 years, save 100 now to only have to get a new mobo in 2 years. And i don't care how far tech goes in the next 2 years. If at the beginning of 2009 i have a quad core and 2 8800's i will be satisfied, no matter how behind everything else they are.
Side note, how long do u think it will be till mobos come with 2 sockets for processors. Like sli quad cores.

id otn normally recommend the new 680i boards unless your going to do sli

because from what i have seen, if your only going to have a one gpu system then get something like an asus p5b or gigabyte ds3, they overclock just as much as the new 680i boards and they are 100 bucks less

but yes if you actually plan on doing sli definatly get one, but i also dont recommend sli lol

I am not planning on going sli until later down in the year, I want to get it for the features and future upgrades, so what do you guys think. Also here is a build I have in mind the other build I made I gave it to my family member.

1) Mother Board - EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

2) Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M sharing L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor

3)Case - NZXT Apollo BLACK NP Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

4)DVD Drive - LG Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE Super-Multi DVD Burner

5)Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

6) Memory - CORSAIR XMS2 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory

Getting another 1GB RAM same exact one as above from a friend at a later date

7)Video Card - eVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO Video Card

Waiting on either the price of the 8800 GTS to go down or maybe get another DX10 video card when it comes out.

8) Power Supply Unit - HIPER HPU-4K580-MS ATX12V v2.2 580W Power Supply 100 - 120V

Total: $1200

^like i said if your not going to be running sli then just get the asus p5b and save 100 bucks

murda you say your giong to do lsi later in the year but then you say your going to buy a 7900gs now then buy a 88000 when the price drops, am i right? this sounds like you will be spending alot of money that could be used towards something else

imo just forget about sli its really not all its hyped up to be, go with a cheaper mobo and use the money you save to get a 8800gts or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom