680i vs 750i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what you want to do. They support SLI, that's the only reason I would get them...if you wanted to SLI.

If not, you could get something a lot better.

Doesn't matter either way, the FPS is still the same.. just the bandwidth is slightly lower, but there's little to no performance drop

Doesn't matter either way, the FPS is still the same.. just the bandwidth is slightly lower, but there's little to no performance drop

On older cards. I'm fairly certain that a 295 could saturate pci-e 1.0. I'm selling my 750i FTW btw. :)

680i mobo are not the best for overclocking. that would hold me back from getting it, has a big problem with fsb holes. 750i is probably the better board for overclocking out of those two therefore better for gaming. but in all my opinion would be to scrap both boards and thing about something better. cant recommend one because i dont know what cpu you have but i guess its 775 so i would look for a p45 chipset like the gigabyte p45 ud3r or a biostar p45 mobo.

pci e x1.......lol...............no no no.its not like that.its x16(2 of them)

and the mobos u have recommended r of the same price.tell me a mobo lga775 with a good chipset non-sli and of the same price as 680i.............????

Well the 680i is a 2-year old chipset now and it is still probably a rip off. A p45 chipset motherboard such as this one is alot better and will give you amazing overclocks.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPower I45 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Nforce chipsets usually are not great, the 750i is pretty much the same as the 680i except it had extra features like vdroop control, which i don't think even worked very well. Vdroop was very bad on the 680i, which means you can set the vcore ofr the cpu at say 1.35v and it will only actually produce about 1.31v. Also the 680i didn't support wolfdales (45nm intel cpu's) out of box and required bios updates that people had problems with.

pci e x1.......lol...............no no no.its not like that.its x16(2 of them)

and the mobos u have recommended r of the same price.tell me a mobo lga775 with a good chipset non-sli and of the same price as 680i.............????

..................no no no no.....lol. he was saying it was pci-e 1.0. not x1. new boards are pci-e 2.0. the 680 is 1.0 whereas the 750 is 2.0 i believe. Though it hardly matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom