the 680i

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 680i works great, and I own a 1klw psu....lol I see the fixes EVGA did as a great reason to buy the board. Support! They listened and addressed the problems. The are continually working on drivers, and are determined to make the board the best it can be. It is not for everyone, but the original post on here did imply that the board is inherintly broken and a junk product. Just makes me laugh. Mine kicks ***, as does the rest of my equipment, should I feel dumb because I can afford this stuff? Last time I checked this was the Building, Buying, or Upgrading High Performance PC Systems forum. Not one person over at xtremesystems.org once said to me "Dude, that psu is so overkill, what a waste of money!" I've heard it multiple times from people on here. I've said it before....quit hating. The 680i is a great board, and almost everyone that is WAY into performance comps over at XS.org owns this board. These are the guys that test OC's for publications. Why would they buy a junk board that has so many problems? O, they wouldn't, that is correct.

four twenny

lol those arent my words like i have said 400 times !!! get it through your head!! how many times to i have to say those arent my words !!! for your 12 year old head to get it!! it was informative because i didnt write it. i was based on what a site found out durning testing and then went to EVGA about it. if i have to say that first post is not in my words one more time idk. i didnt write a **** thing about this board nor do i care cuz i dont own it. and again i cant contradict my first post cuz i didnt write it!!

now for way to small

i just want to refer to you last few sentences about publications and why would someone buy a junk board to do testing and etc.

anyone can write for a publication, anyone. doesnt mean anything, everyone has a different point of view. im sure you have read a bad review on something great and vise versa. next they dont buy them, most places get them for free or at deep deep discounts to do reviews on them, so therefore if a company say ill give you a 300 dollar board for 50 bucks just write a good review, they are going to do it. so thats right they wouldnt buy it cuz most of the time they dont or get huge discounts, how else you think they can test everything?? some millionaires that are bored?so therefore some bias plays on all reviews unless you dished out the cash. im speaking just in general not just about this mobo.

i have nothing against this mobo and nothing for it! get that straight it was just something that i found that i shared and some people are against education and information which is apparent sometimes.

++EDIT++also i didnt forget to write about the solution cuz i didnt DIDNT write about the problem, and provide a link with all information good and bad directly from the EVGA site that had the problem and solution on it and all other information. if i wanted to flame the board i wouldnt have provide a link to the website that made the board. would i?

therefore this was all for information that if someone had a 680i board and had problems then would look here see the link and find the solution and get working with there mobo.

TriEclipse said:
Err, I really don't think it was he who typed that. I think he just copy-pasted what someone else on the forum wrote.

thank you so much for being an intelligent person and being able to follow along with this topic from the start.

Sweet, not your words, but you did bring it onto the forums. Just stating my opinion on them being posted. And no, these guys are underground people. They don't get boards for free, they pay for their stuff. They are just well known and trusted in the community. They don't write for PCworld. In that case, you would be 100% correct in what you said. I completely agree with you on the education thing. I believe that is why forums exist. But you attempted to educate people on something that was already addressed and fixed, then go on to call anyone who contradicts you a fanboy. I have always had Asus mobo's, they are great too. In fact, many out there are awesome, including this one....and that was the only reason I responded. Don't get too sensitive though King, anytime someone posts something like that they will get a good debate.

Whatever ok so you reposted a month old article . I am not 12 and i don't appreciate being told to get things through my head. I was being respectful. Your post is bunk ok. It is misleading. Bottom line. If you can not afford this board just let us who can enjoy them. Keep being a hater if you want. As you assumed us "fanboys" love amd more than anything since sliced bread, I'll assume you put a hate on everything slightly expensive. You probably hate nice cars brand name clothing and anything else you can't get on a minimum wage salery. I don't want to argue with you so just let it be ok. Your rage is clear in your posts. Take a few deep breaths , calm down, relax, stop hating and start enjoying life.

I am not against education or information, just this thread was neither. A half truth that leads to a false conclusion. Aka - disinformation.

lol threads over for me

ill take a good debate any day waytoosmall and it was, otherwise i wouldnt have gave a second thought to responded. im not even going to give this thread a second look cuz its starting to get to personal, yes i started it and i apologize for the 12yo comment but some people werent able to follow the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom