the 680i

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol well at least one person can see my point so there is hope for the world.

a question doesnt need to be asked to get answered... for the person who said if someone had a problem they would ask.

an amazing board huh lol it doesnt the same thing as a 20 dollar board, you push the power button and your computer goes on.

also i didnt say 1 thing about the board in my original post?? so how would "I" be trying to convice people if i gave informative information about something that you obvious "fanboys" out there got stung by cuz your precious egos got hurt about having what you think is the best thing on earth. i didnt post 1 word of my own in my 1st post and you got hurt cuz people listened.

you guys are complaining because your nvidia fans, you own the board and want to make everyone think you have the best thing. your blaming me about trying to convince people to not buy, but arent your guys overly trying to convince people to buy to board?

but you guys are pretty amusing to say the least cuz i know you will read the 20 page essay i wrote just because it urks you that someone can have a different opinion or point of view on something.

and also the abit aw9d max broke the world record for overclocking, so if you want to say the 980i is the best on earth for its overclocking well then i dont have to say anything about that. also you dont see me trying to shove a an abit board or a 975x down everyones throat so why is everyone jumping up and down for this 680i?? its like you guys are getting commission. just accept it not everyone has to like your motherboard.

I read this whole thread and just thought i would give my input:
I just finished putting together my brand new system with the 680i board and I think it is great. I will admit, I am not ocing or doing anything extreme yet but the board works great and I love my new computer. Just thought I would let you know how mine works. :)

Snake-Eyes said:
It OC's better/on par with the 975X chipset.

That's about it, i believe.

Precisely. The rest of the post is not directed at you, I simply quoted you because you answered. But lets look at how the 975X and good 965P motherboards overclock; they go to 500FSB+. 500 FSB x 7 = 3500MHz on a E6300. If you were to get one of the soon-to-be-released E4300s, it would be 500 x 9 = 4500Mhz. I highly doubt that you will ever reach 500FSB with either processor. And my point gets more obvious when you get into the other C2D processors (After all, who's going to buy a $270 680i motherboard and then get a E6300, eh?). As soon as you reach the 8x multi, the E6400, you see that it would be 4Ghz. I hope I don't need to point out to anyone the likelihood of a C2D owner hitting 4Ghz on air cooling, much less 4.5Ghz or 5Ghz on the E6600/E6700. So you see, even if the 680i motherboard is capable of 550+ FSB, it doesn't matter! Because you're never going to get that far.

ferarri said:
I will admit, I am not oc'ing or doing anything extreme yet but the board works great and I love my new computer.

So...your $270 motherboard...works? How shocking. My motherboard that cost less than half that works too. Not a single problem. And it'll overclock my processor just as far as your motherboard would too. :amazed:

EDIT: Sorry, just realized that you might've meant the problems that the 680i was having. If you did, then sorry, thanks for the input.

i dont see where people are puching people to buy 680i motherboards for the most part i find people recommending not to get it unless you really want it or have the money to spend

if your looking oto overclock, or go sli, and you want the newest technology out there then yes go for a 680i board, if not get a 975x or 965 board

i love my MSI 975X but if i had the money i would of went with an 680i board

TriEclipse said:
I hope I don't need to point out to anyone the likelihood of a C2D owner hitting 4Ghz on air cooling, much less 4.5Ghz or 5Ghz on the E6600/E6700.

Actually, i've seen ~3.8GHz done on air. But, just putting that out there.

And I've seen 4Ghz done on air. Unfortunately, it was on a E6600 (400FSB x 9). IIRC, Idiotec has a 3.7Ghz E6300. Too bad its not common in any sense, eh?

Still doesn't mean you need a 680i. It would take 542FSB x 7 to get a 3.8Ghz E6300. Anything else, and its below 500FSB. Would you honestly buy a E6300 to pair with the $270 eVGA 680i?

fade2black2004 said:
if your looking oto overclock, or go sli, and you want the newest technology out there then yes go for a 680i board, if not get a 975x or 965 board

i love my MSI 975X but if i had the money i would of went with an 680i board

Why? What would the eVGA 680i get you that your MSI 975X doesn't have?

TriEclipse said:
And I've seen 4Ghz done on air. Unfortunately, it was on a E6600 (400FSB x 9). IIRC, Idiotec has a 3.7Ghz E6300. Too bad its not common in any sense, eh?

I get your point that it's not an occurance that happens every time someone tries it, i was just saying i've seen it done.

Look man i didn't mean to hit a soft spot with you. Really though lets go through this so you can understand. Now everything you posted is still here right. Look at your original post. It was 100% against the board. It stated there was a problem with the board that can not be fixed. You told us you believe the problem is hardware and not something that can be fixed with a new "driver drop". In case you don't feel like scrolling up i will quote you here

"Shooting from the hip on this, and I am no driver engineer, but this sounds like a hardware problem to me. I hate to say it, but there seems to be a chipset problem here that is not apparent in every piece of silicon. I hope I am wrong and it is just a driver issue that can be fixed through a new driver drop, but I am not hopeful of this. After seeing Dan take his 680i build that was causing him severe problems, change out motherboards, and his problems then going away, it is hard for me to think that a driver caused the issue."

Now thats what you typed in word for word. That clearly implies that there is no solution to the problem yet. I was simply correcting you and letting everyone else who was considering purchasing one of these boards that this problem you brought up has been addressed and resolved.

Now all of a sudden your defending yourself by saying that your post was to inform people that there was an issue with this board a month ago but it's ok cause they fixed it. Did you simply forget to write a paragraph or 2 on the solution to the problem you brought up ? Was there some sort of technical error ? I am not an nvidia "fanboy" and to even call this post impartial is just an insult to the word.

Now your last post is just an insult to yourself. You contradict yourself so much i don't even want to go into it. Really just scroll up, start reading this whole thread from scratch.

Err, I really don't think it was he who typed that. I think he just copy-pasted what someone else on the forum wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom