6800gt AGP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
Did I miss a news flash or something, where did all the 6800gt AGP cards go? I have decided I can't afford to get amd 64 bit and PCI Express at the same time. I would really like an eVGA AGP 6800gt, so I can actually play FarCry on High settings. Do you think I will be able to play F.E.A.R? I only play on 1024x768 since my monitor isn't that big, so any higher resoulution just makes things to hard to see. Any help is appreciated, even if you are selling one or knows someone who is reputable that is selling one that would help as well.

Thanks again?

Damnit! Ahh I can't afford a new system, lord knows I want one but I just can't do it. I have to continue buying stuff to turbo my car and I just can't afford it. Why are they doing away with AGP so fast?

AGP doesn't support SLI, which is the future of gaming, and they want to make more money off of you. Oh btw, what car do you have?

AGP doesn't support SLI, which is the future of gaming
Argh stop buying into that crap...if SLI was really the future of gaming then the original concept of SLI from voodoo would still exist today and would have monopolized the market

Riceball said:
AGP doesn't support SLI, which is the future of gaming, and they want to make more money off of you. Oh btw, what car do you have?

I have a '94 Nissan Sentra LE. Only 1.6 liter but will make good whp results and torque with this turbo. About 250whp, all in all, a 12 second car. I will be more using it for mainly AutoX, since driving in a straight line takes zero talent lol.

Back on topic, I know SLI would seem to be the way of the future, but isn't practical.

Someone emailed me about his BFG 6800 Ultra OC AGP. Anyone heard of him? LeakyTire...

best buy should carry them, they are all over ebay too and most are brand new. Im getting on of these cards tomorrow hopefully, but yeah i just built my computer less then a year ago i dont feel like upgrading my entire system for card

Dont get the BFG 6800GT OC AGP, I just got one and it fried within 2 weeks....ran hot from the very beginning. I almost considered suffering with my X800 Pro for a while longer and saving up for a new SLI ready system so I could upgrade to a GeForce 7 series card or two...because thats the way everything is going. But with a 6800GT, i can get another year or two out of this PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom