6800 GT Brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprooty

Daemon Poster
Hello,

i am updating my PC soon and am looking at a 6800GT

I was just wondering:

Whats the best one: ASUS,BFG,XFX,Gigabyte?

and how long do you think i will last on a 6800GT (Performance wise)?

Why isn't evga or leadtek on that list........ahh wait...australia huh....I think I remember a few aussies saying evga wasn't predominate down there.

Out of that group I'd pick BFG......who knows how long you'll last, that's an impossible question...talk to the people who make the games...have you seen the latest video for the next far cry crytek engine? It looks ridiculous in terms of graphics and physics

If you caqn afford it, go with a 7800GT. Itll last you a hell of a lot longer, and its like 100 dollars more.

As for brand, like Nubius said, Leadtek or eVGA would be the best, but in that grounp, go with XFX or BFG.

SHAWN said:
Gigabyte is a good brand too!

Seconded. And XFX also: despite what many people wiull say against them, they do put out quality products.

Having said that, BFG is the way to go here if you want your 6800 GT overclocked from the factory.

harobikes333 said:
So what mobo should i get then if i plan on getting one 6800Gt of some kind....:?

Presuambly you planning on building a PCI-E system? AGP is fast becoming obsolete. Are you planning on buying a second (PCI-E) 6800 GT in the near future? If so, then you want a good quality nForce4 SLI mobo. On the flip side, btw, if you want to upgrade to dual ATI (Crossfire) cards when they are in full circulation, then you'll have to wait until the Crossfire-ready mobos are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom