6800 GS or 7600 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing. It'd be better to buy one now, then sell it off when G80 rolls around. Then you'll have a kick *** card and not be dreading that you bought a 7900GT and blew all your money or something.

If you are overclocking, the 6800GS will generally overclock much further, especially when you compare the memory bandwidth, the 7600GT can't handle the high enough memory frequencies to compete with 6800GS memory bandwidth. I'm pretty sure the 7600GT overclocks pretty poorly to begin with anyways

agreed...

Just because its teh 7xxx series doesnt make it better.

Its the stats, and the 6800gs version in an AGP slot can unlock to 16 pipes, along with the overclocking of the gpu

But seriesly get teh 6800gs

there's a guy in the buy/sell forum selling a brand new x1800xl for $220 SHIPPED. you can probably bring that down to $200. thats equivalent to a 7800gt (better in my opinion :p) and there's a chance you can overclock that to x1800xt speeds (or 7800gtx/7900gt). all that for something about the same price as a 7600gt. i'd get it but i have no money. just a heads up..

oh and if i had to choose b/w 6800gs and 7600gt, i'd take the 7600gt. the guy that had hard time OCing it just didn't get lucky i guess... because i've seen (can't recall where...) ppl OC it quite nicely. and as you mentioned earlier the features of the 7*** series... !!

I have a 6800GS its awesome. Highly reccomend it, seems more stable and powerful than my friends 7600. (he's always like the numbers better, therfore mines better, and I'm like well mines 510/1450, and he's like huh?), anyway, definintely the 6800GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom