6700k vs. 5820k

So I actually just went down the same road you did (or still are)

I chose x99 and the 5920K. More pci lanes, faster performance with OCing.

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice but since i am mostly focuses on gaming I went with the 5920K

So I actually just went down the same road you did (or still are)

I chose x99 and the 5920K. More pci lanes, faster performance with OCing.

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice but since i am mostly focuses on gaming I went with the 5920K
The 6700k is faster both stock and overclocked for gaming. It has more IPC, and actually for gaming I'd go 6600k over any of it.

PP_Mguire is actually correct.

The 6700k will out perform the 5920 on any point BUT the 6600k will be your choice.

When it comes to OC'ing and the 6th generation processors you can safely OC the 6600k or 6700k to 4.4Ghz safely with no issues.
The slight difference in performance when it comes to gaming will not upset your value. The 6600k will be the best bang for your buck.
Pair that with a 980 TI and you will have a 5 year build

Most games are not actually capable of properly managing an I7 that has 8 processors to it. All recent games are optimized for 4 cores and that is it.

This is why you will notice better performance out of an I5 on the same clock.

It actually has to do with games not utilizing HT in i7s, rather than more cores. There are some games that will utilize more than 4 cores on the market now, as long as they aren't logical processors.

Back
Top Bottom