$650 to spend~~ Help me make a gaming rig please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i reckon hes better of gettin a e8400, still can fit in that price range. so if you were to get the rig i rec. (possibly with 4gb of ram, but for a budget 2gb will done fine).

You dont need 4 gigs of ram especially when you only have $650 to spend. Get 2 gigs and spend that money on a Corsair 55vx. That 400watt psu cuts a little to close for my likings. the e5200 is a good cpu and easy to upgrade if you want to later this year, but the e8400 is a practical beast, if you can afford it, get it. But don't cut corners for it. You want a balanced system that has parts that work well with each other.

i reckon hes better of gettin a e8400, still can fit in that price range. so if you were to get the rig i rec. (possibly with 4gb of ram, but for a budget 2gb will done fine).

i am a she but thats okay :D

thank you everyone for the build ideas, more will be much appreciated!

I put the 4gb of ram in there since its cheap and some games could benefit from it, especially if you have things run in the background and are on Vista. Assassins Creed and Supreme Commander IIRC can use a lot of ram. But for the most part 2gb is probably fine and is easily upgraded later.

I put the e5200 in there because like the e8400 it will overclock very high. Its not as fast as one but for half the price its really good. And actually if she did go with 2gb of ram she could probably even squeeze a 4870 into the budget (after MIR).

i am a she but thats okay

Gasp a girl in the High Performance Pc System section!

*head explodes

There is no real boost with 4 gigs. I have 4 gigs and my machine doesn't perform any fast in Vista 64. Get the essentials first, if you have cash left over then get the 4 gigs. but you need a good psu first.

There is no real boost with 4 gigs. I have 4 gigs and my machine doesn't perform any fast in Vista 64. Get the essentials first, if you have cash left over then get the 4 gigs. but you need a good psu first.

this is true! 2gb of ram is plenty for now and thats all she needs (sorry bout b4 xD)

as of the ocz supply, i would rather a silverstone, havin worked with a few, they are very good quality! and 400w, 36A combined 12v rails is plenty! itll run fine, probably not a whole lot of room for upgrades tho. TBH wen ppl buy rosewill or antec or other acceptable psu brands, it doesnt ultimaley make any difference at all. I only rec. corsair psus for example if peope have a good budget, because really they arnt the best priced by any means.

I put the 4gb of ram in there since its cheap and some games could benefit from it, especially if you have things run in the background and are on Vista. Assassins Creed and Supreme Commander IIRC can use a lot of ram. But for the most part 2gb is probably fine and is easily upgraded later.

I put the e5200 in there because like the e8400 it will overclock very high. Its not as fast as one but for half the price its really good. And actually if she did go with 2gb of ram she could probably even squeeze a 4870 into the budget (after MIR).

Gasp a girl in the High Performance Pc System section!

*head explodes

LOLOLOL

well i am building my own computer and considering between these two rams right now, and i think i am gonna get 4gb of ram since the price difference is about $10 between 2gb and 4. well here is my two choices, which do you think is better. the OCZ is faster, no?

Newegg.com - CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom