600Watt Power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk84blind84

Baseband Member
Hey guys im looking into the OCZ 600w power supply right now, but its about 200....thats kinda a lot to spend on an PSU, and i think that many of you would agree...is there something else you guys would reccomment for cheaper?? im thinking that i may need a 500w PSU insead of the 600w though...any ideas?

You are looking into the powerstream, correct? Reason for the price is, you're able to adjust voltages. I personally don't think this is necessary unless you're a hardcore overclocker. If you're looking for a 600w psu i would suggest a seasonic its fairly priced and of very good quality. Hope that helps a bit. :)

sk84blind84 said:
Hey guys im looking into the OCZ 600w power supply right now, but its about 200....thats kinda a lot to spend on an PSU, and i think that many of you would agree...is there something else you guys would reccomment for cheaper?? im thinking that i may need a 500w PSU insead of the 600w though...any ideas?

What Power supply you buy depends on your budget and what parts are in your build.

tell us your Budget and what parts itll have to power then i may make a good suggestion. 600Watts is probably overkill but i won't know till you give us more information.

kind of expensive for a power supply
unless you will be using every last inch of the power
in all honesty i dont think you need to go THAT high in watts

Re: Re: 600Watt Power supply?

Ste said:
[B tell us your Budget and what parts itll have to power then i may make a good suggestion. 600Watts is probably overkill but i won't know till you give us more information. [/B]

Here is my basic set up:

CPU: AMD 4000+ San Diego
GPU: DUAL eVGA 7800GT (x2)
RAM: OCZ Platinum 2Gb
HDD: Western D 250 Gb, 16Mb cache, 7200RPM
MOBO: DFI Lanparty nF4 DR
Sound Card: Creative Sound blaster X-FI Platinum

If you guys have any changes, please feel free to tell me

**EDIT and atleast two optical drives**

get a single 7800gt or you will pay twice the cost for under twice the performance and you will block what is otherwise a very good upgrade path in the future, if you really want more performance than a single 7800gt, then get a 7800gtx

ok...ill think about that cuz ive been hearing a lot about that too....i have one right now, and i dont plan on getting another just yet....what do you think about the PSU though?

get the antec neoHE 550W power supply from newegg. if you arent goign SLI you really dont need that great of a psu but just get an SLi ready one so if you do then you are prepared, but SLI is a bunch of mumble jumble waste of moeny

lol did you see my other post? "SLI a waste of $?" theres a LONG discussion about SLI on that post....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom