600 dollar budget Gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

prfrmncFanboy

Beta member
Hey guys I am looking to build a new gaming computer. My current system is out of date and I want an upgrade.

I want to go with Intel, and I would like an nvidia chipset if possible. I'm pretty out of snuff and I'm not sure what to get.

I will be using vista, but you guys don't need to figure that into my budget I will buy that separately. I'd like a decent looking case, with maybe a clear side.

Other then that I will leave it up to you experts. Thanks in advance!

PS. I also need things like optical drives. Really all I need is one, a DVD RW/ cd RW in one would be nice if it exists

Thanks, much appreciated. In the past I've spent a lot more on video cards, and I don't think so much on the cpu. 3.0ghz is a lot it seems. Maybe I could save there and splurge more on a video card? Also, that case seems a bit much, didn't really look all that impressive, and I've read cases with a psu are garbage.

Ah there we go thanks, looks more like what I was going for. I prefer intel, but I was reading up, what about the new AMD phenom II x3 processors? They are at about the same relative price point, and have another core. Is that the better buy?

The extra core in the X3 720 can have an advantage over the E7400, in threaded workloads and 3D rendering. And it proves to do better in gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom