$600 build that will play borderlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
thx druid, that looks like a good build to me. Its ashame I didn't keep all the ddr2 I had lying around, $100 for that Ram is kind of annoying.

A few of your items are sold out and stuff, so I picked a cheaper 4850 and a different HDD for him. Other then that everything else looks good.

well i would strongly suggest getting DDR3 ram. DDR2 prices will only continue to rise and DDR3 prices can only go down. it's roughly the same price for a DDR3 setup.

Newegg.com - Patriot G Series ‘Sector 5' Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model PGV34G1600ELK - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA785GT-UD3H AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

A 4850 runs borderlands with everything maxed perfectly fine. Along with every other game at 1280X1024.

ARMA II laggs a bit with lots of draw distance, but that game is lame anyways :p Borderlands is pretty awesome though.

idk, I assume that nowadays most people are at least at 1680x1050 for gaming, so that is why I wished he could have gotten that 4870.

There are some cheap gtx260's on newegg as well. He still hasn't purchased any of this stuff yet. I'll advise him and look for deals when he finally decides to pull the trigger. Thx again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom