$600-800 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good, maybe you could get an EP35-DS3L, and maybe a low clocked 8800gt and overclock it manually

Looks good, maybe you could get an EP35-DS3L, and maybe a low clocked 8800gt and overclock it manually

The one thing I was worried about was the lower end processor. I have read that the e2180 overclocks very well and I don't need a ton of speed. I think the q6600 is just unnecessary. What does everybody else think?

The E2180 is a great processor, especially when it comes to overclocking. I have mine at 2.8ghz 24/7 on a Arctic Cooling freezer 7 Pro and it stays at ~31c sitting at the windows desktop and never goes over 54c running orthos. I have had it as high as 3.3ghz for benchmarking runs.

Get rid of that Nine Hundred case.

I mean, its a nice case and all, but not really for this budget. Check out some of the cheaper cooler master and rosewill cases.

For the GPU, check out the EVGA 8800gt 512mb

Cooler: Arctic cooler 7

Otherwise, looks like a good build!

Get rid of the antec nine hundred?

That case is 89.99 after rebates, its the best one and cheapest on available overall.

Get rid of the antec nine hundred?

That case is 89.99 after rebates, its the best one and cheapest on available overall.

I agree that it is a VERY nice case, but if he is looking for a performance over looks, he can buy a cheaper case, and spend the money he saved on something else.

In other words, you can get a $90 case, or get a $40 case. You have the choice of saving ~$50. You can then go and use those 50 bucks on a better GPU, RAM, ECT.

In the end, its still his choice....

I see what you mean now, stand corrected.

But no offence but the other ones have low reviews, which can be risky, and look horribly lol.

But yeah, its the buyer decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom