6 more months

Status
Not open for further replies.

ink68

Baseband Member
armed assault; ut3; fear

im looking to budget 6000-7000 on a high end system. this is one of those one-time only deals. i dont plan on purchasing another pc for a long as* time. for me, its cheaper to spend a lot at once than alot over time. no alienware suggestions because im too old to put up with their cheesy design and excessive use of lights.

most of the time, this animal will be used for research (sci apps for rendering), multi-tasking, and playing intense games

im interested in people's experience, advice, and opinions on Velocity Micro and Falcon Northwest. I looked at other forums for different systems and have decided to stick to these two companies.
im not worried about -software not ready for hardware- as long as if its capable of taking on graphic intensive programs (whether developers move towards multi core GPUs or focus more on the cheaper multi core cpus for performance gains).

*I wasn't born yesterday so no retarded comments needed.

I seriously doubt that you will get any recommendations for a PC company here. You will, however, receive a load of recommended parts to build your own.

Building is a breeze, actually, and you get a better end result. Plus, with your proposed budget, you can go for the good stuff.

hmm, ive built rigs before. i just dont feel the urge to do it again. i had issues with bottleneck effects after OC and cant stand working with BIOs anymore. i like warranties, which is why i prefer to lease my vehicles rather than purchase.

well, i'll be around to see whats being said. but im done with building my own rigs and others - although i still help fix issues for friends.

ink we can help you here, build a great PC without bottle necks or anything- and your budget is around 3x what most people use or need, so there will be NO restrictions for your build.

My build is under 2k and is all new tech, new moni to boot, vista and everything for smooth DX 10.1 gameplay.

There are some "recommended builds" around using a q6600 G0 processor (quad core) and easy to read overclocking guides to get the best bang for your parts- again with your high budget you can get Extreme processors though and really be on top.

When you buy from a company you pay more for there name then anything, and I have yet to see a company worth the price. Just take some time to research what you want and what youll need, then go price shopping, afterall 95% if not more of gamers love there computer even more when its their own build.

Most parts come with limited warrenties- but with your build you wont even need that- Iam sure a few of the pro builders on here can recommend super high quality gear that normally we wouldnt touch from price- but will do fine just for you.

If bios really bothers you that much, talk to some of the 4k post+ people on here- Iam sure they'd tweak your board for you and all if you paid shipping and a little for there time, and even with all this still you won't hit anywhere near the 5k dollar budget range you have going.

Changed my mind...I went out and leased a car instead.

Added: I ended up going with an HP desktop Q6700 with: 22" panel, printer, scanner, shreddar, an extra software $1,537.XX

that would have been a wicked pc...

qx9650
x38
4gb ddr1066
sli gts g92/xfire 3870's (or wait for 3870x2 xfire or 9800x2 sli)
raid 0 150gb Rapters
couple 1TB drives

i don't think that even comes close to your budget and thats a **** of a build..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom