6 cores CPUs experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

DZimmy

Baseband Member
Hello people,
sorry for bothering again about this topic, but I haven't got mutch attention and almost no answers in the last one, so I'd like to create a new topic, kinda long-time based where you would post your experiences with 6 cores CPUs, your comparsion to 4 cores, how they work with games, old systems like Win XP and stuff.
I'm interested especially about AMD's 1055T.
As I mentioned in my last thread, I'm buying new PC in upcoming months (MB, CPU, RAM), so I wanna really know which one CPU should I choose, and yea I use it mostly for gaming. Only thing I wanna save from my current PC is my graph. card - HD 5770. Btw, budget is around $555, maybe slightly more.
So beside your experiences, if you'd be so kind and tell me what's the best (MB, CPU, RAM) I can get for that money.

So please, share with me/others your experiences with 6 cores, everything what comes up on your mind about it...

Thanks, looking forward for your replies.

Cheers. DZimmy.

Edit: Yea + wanna save my current (also new) power supply Seasonic 500W. Anyways, in case it wouldn't be enought power for the new build I can buy a new one.

hmm the cheapest 6 core processor i found ( quick new egg search ) was like $210... thats over 40% of your budget.

i would suggest one of 2 things.

1. get a quad core processor, there are plenty fast for what it seems like you want out of this computer ( based on your budget )
2. save up more money and build a machine that can come up to par with a 6 core processor.

basically, what you want to do is put a chevy 454 superchager on a VW bug, the rest of the machine will limit what it can do.

kinda silly if you ask me.

Sorry wrong price I calculated. The right one is about $666, so $250 for a processor (yeap a bit more expensive in Czech rep.) is still ok + $250 for MB and rest for RAM.

"basically, what you want to do is put a chevy 454 superchager on a VW bug, the rest of the machine will limit what it can do." - what exactly do you mean? Yea it is possible I'm doing silly thing, but that's why I'm asking you guys. :)

And yea if you tell me like 4 cores are still better for gaming I'll be okay with it. I don't need super fast machine, I just wanna PC that can run games I would like to play with no prob like GTA IV, BF BC2 and which will be able to handle some near future games. That's all I ask for. :)

About that idea with buying 4 cores CPU + MB that can handle 6 cores CPU - I was thinking about it too. But in case I can get 6 cores CPU for same price that better 4 cores CPU I will go for it, of course only in case it would be more powerful.

Thanks, mate. :)
Anyways AMD 1090T is for $412 in Czech rep., prolly 'cause it's pretty new, same with G.Skill $180. Final with Gigabyte GA-890GPA it's $770, but that's ok. I can get that + I guess it will be cheaper in August.
So you say 6 cores for sure? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom