On to 5th video card in a year.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
Just shipped out my 8800GT that I sold on Amazon. You wouldn't believe what I sold it for......$476.

Amazon took $38 and I had to ship it to Indonesia which cost me $140, but I am left with $300.

My plan now is for the eVGA 9800GTX at $299 and the step-up will last me through July which will be in time for the 9900GTX. Is that a good plan? The reviews on newegg from people going from an 8800GT to a 9800GTX are very positive, and some said the 9800GTX is better than 8800GT in SLI. (probably only in some games)

8800GT to 9800GTX at no cost to me sounds pretty good.

Wow, you do realize that whoever bought that card was someone who had stolen the account? I'm not sure what Amazon does for these things, but hopefully since you already shipped it, they cover any and all costs from fraud. I had sold my original Xbox for $300 (this was after the Xbox 360 had come out) to someone who wanted me to ship to Africa or some random place. He paid me already and everything but never returned my emails for an address. So I resold the Xbox after a month of waiting and made about $150 off of it, which was about all I could have gotten.

Then, come 2 months down the line (after I've spent the money on a 360 and games), I get an email from eBay telling me I have to refund the money immediately because the account was stolen. They said if I had I shipped it out, I would have been fine, but since I hadn't shipped it yet, I was left with losing that $300.

So hopefully since you already shipped it, you will luck out. Just keep your eyes open for those willing to pay big $$$ and have it shipped half way around the world.

EDIT: Now to actually reply to your question, yes that sounds like a possitive strategy. The 9800GX2 would perform better, but would cost much more. So I think your best option for a good card and the step-up would have to be the 9800GTX.

Maybe. It sounded a little fraudulent at first because she asked if I could ship to indonesia, but it was bought through amazon and amazon transferred the money to my account and after I was sure I had it I shipped it. I did nothing wrong so it is on amazon or the owner of the account for not protecting their privacy better (if it is fraud, there is a chance it could be completely legitimate).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom