5950 w/ DDR3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAM really doesn't matter when they have low clock speeds. But if you really want the best memory on a video card it GDDR3. I think.

Ram makes a considerate difference man. Im asking the guys who lived through this generation that might have owned one or w/e. i dont exactly see what was so bad about the FX series and im just trying to understand.
EDIT: Ill edit this saying i dont see what was so bad about the HIGHER END FX series cards lol. I know the FX5500 and such suck.

The FX series sucked, I try to forget about it. Games are still made with "DX8 paths" just because FX series cards were so bad at DX9 rendering that people who still have FX cards must play in DX8. Half Life 2 wont even run in DX9 on an FX card! The FX series is Nvidia's equivalent of ATI's X800 Pro series. They sucked so bad they aren't worth mentioning.

Was the 5950 not an overheating dying card that disappeared from the market right after its release?

beedubaya said:
The FX series sucked, I try to forget about it. Games are still made with "DX8 paths" just because FX series cards were so bad at DX9 rendering that people who still have FX cards must play in DX8. Half Life 2 wont even run in DX9 on an FX card! The FX series is Nvidia's equivalent of ATI's X800 Pro series. They sucked so bad they aren't worth mentioning.

HL2 Defaults to 8.1 for FX cards but will run at 9.0 if told to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom