5870 shortage...grrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know...unless I really don't have the cash then I will always go with the brand that offers the better warranty, which is most often if not always XFX (for ATi anyway).

Like I said, There really are no differences.

Some companies will put different heatsinks on them or water cooling blocks, or overclock them a bit.

But the GPU, capacitors and memory are all the same..

Lets also remember that some board partners choose to use higher quality components than others. like they could use a better PCB with more copper in it, higher quality voltage regulators and caps, lower latency memory, better power phases, ect... Which in turn could lead to longer life, lower temps, and better overclocking.

Lets also remember that some board partners choose to use higher quality components than others. like they could use a better PCB with more copper in it, higher quality voltage regulators and caps, lower latency memory, better power phases, ect... Which in turn could lead to longer life, lower temps, and better overclocking.

That does happen in some cases but for new cards like the HD5xx0 series the vast majority of them use the exact same reference components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom