5870 shortage...grrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
I'm trying to buy an HD5870 but they're out of stock on every store I go to. I've been checking Newegg religiously, and low and behold, they finally got one in stock. I clicked add to cart, then when I viewed my cart it said it was removed due to insufficient stock. Sdfaksdfasjdfsajfsf

The ETA on some of them are fricken January. WHAT?!

Grrr.

How good of a brand is powercolor? I've never bought anything from them or known anyone that has bought something from them. It comes with a 720 day warranty which is decent. Personally I would wait until you can get one made by a good trusted brand with a long warranty like XFX.

BTW here is a link I found on as site called pricewatch.com they keep track of the prices of many online electronic stores items... Here's the link: Best Price radeon hd 5870 Video Cards

The only buying point on many computer parts, especially video cards, is how good the company support and warranty length.

because lets face it, all cards are exactly the same except for some minor overclocks and what brand is stamped on it. (Different pretty colored stickers and boxes!!)

Same goes for power supplies and RAM, almost no technical differences, only differences is how reputable the company and the warranties.

^ I've been wondering about that lately...you know, what exactly makes these GPU makers different other than their customer support and warranties...? If someone has some insight on that, please share!

Woot! I scored the Powercolor one.

I did some Googleing and apparently Powercolor isn't that bad. I wanted the Sapphire one with the non-reference cooler, but what the heck...it's just as good.

^ I've been wondering about that lately...you know, what exactly makes these GPU makers different other than their customer support and warranties...? If someone has some insight on that, please share!

Like I said, There really are no differences.

Some companies will put different heatsinks on them or water cooling blocks, or overclock them a bit.

But the GPU, capacitors and memory are all the same..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom