5870 driver update problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean W.

Fully Optimized
So as of 4/28/10 there is a new Driver update for the 58xx series graphics card, i have a 5870, so i downloaded and installed the driver, and i noticed right away after i installed the new driver, that the fan speed on the graphics card is louder ( higher RPMS ), i thought id go away, so i left the room let my computer completely idle and its the same, id say the fan speed is at a constant 50% even at idle. so i uninstalled the update driver and installed the driver that came with the graphics card. figured that would fix it, but still, the fan speed sounds like its at a constant 40%. so im stumped, dunno what to do.

thanks for any help.

So as of 4/28/10 there is a new Driver update for the 58xx series graphics card, i have a 5870, so i downloaded and installed the driver, and i noticed right away after i installed the new driver, that the fan speed on the graphics card is louder ( higher RPMS ), i thought id go away, so i left the room let my computer completely idle and its the same, id say the fan speed is at a constant 50% even at idle. so i uninstalled the update driver and installed the driver that came with the graphics card. figured that would fix it, but still, the fan speed sounds like its at a constant 40%. so im stumped, dunno what to do.

thanks for any help.

Is it on auto in the catlylist controler?

Ive had mine for some reason be set to 60% fan speed before and had to put it back on auto

i dunno, i tried to go to where it would let me adjust the fan control but i dont know where to go to do that.???

thanks for any help.
Did you restart?
If you haven't restarted and it hasn't loaded the driver properly, it will run at the default 850/1200MHz clocks with 1.625V, as well as run the fan faster.

yea i restarted it right after i finished installing it. when it said " need to restart to activate " or something imilar to that, is when i restarted it.

Right click on an empty area of your desktop. This should bring up a dialog box with a Catalyst Control Center option. Once the Control Center opens look for the section labeled Overdrive :D

yay :)

the " Enable Manual Fan control " box was checked, so i unchecked it. so i unchecked it and the fan slowed down :) took a screen shot to make sure every thing is how its supposed to be?
GOOD?
fixed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom