550W, 650W or 750W ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentali$T said:
Not really because you just pick up 2 cards at different times. they can have different clock speeds and sli you have to buy both at the same time so u dont get different cards which makes it more expensive.
no what I mean is that you have to get one "master" card and one "slave" card for crossfire
but with SLI, it doesn't matter which card you use as master or slave.

Yeah but its not exactly difficult to do that. We have different opinions so its fair enough. ill just stick to ATI i think :)

I dont mean to go off topic but while we are on the subject of gfx cards does anyone know when directx10 cards are to be released? I'm waiting for them before i upgrade otherwise ill have wasted money buying a card that will not be compatible in a year.

apokalipse said:
but personally I don't like Vista...

Have you used it then or you just gone against it??
I wont be getting vista until they have brought out a few updates to it. Its going to be very buggy just like XP was when that first came out.

Ah, right. I'll take it that the Hiper - R is adequate, then.

In that case, I'll arrange for that to be shipped instead.
Thanks guys, you saved me 150 bucks and two weeks waiting (since that 750w one won't be in stock for a couple weeks). :)

Now, here's to hoping it gets here before Easter (I can't use all the other hardware I ordered because I don't have a 24 pin PSU lying around... :( ) so I can mess around a bit over my Easter break. :p

No problem. I have same problem with my new build, i have all the parts apart from the cpu which will be X2 4400+ (i ran out of money:() I have to get it soon though because AMD are raising all there prices by 2-4% after the 10th april!!!!!

An X2 4400? I'm settling for an Athlon 64 4000+ :S

I figure since most games don't use dual cores right now I'll just settle for an average CPU and then maybe when games start supporting dual cores I'll get an FX60 or something since the price'll be a bit lower...

That way I won't have to make any more major upgrades for a while. I can't be bothered with all this AM2 and Conroe crap... Not just yet, anyway. :S

Well, I'm going to bed, lectures and chemistry practicals tomorrow 'n' all. Thanks guys, have a good one! :)

I have a few reasons why I don't like Vista. basically it's because Microsoft is trying to control everything through Vista.

*edit*
you could get an X2 3800+ and overclock it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom