550W, 650W or 750W ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWCheetah

Baseband Member
Hi guys,
I don't know what kind of power supply to get!

I'll shortly have a Radeon 1900 XT, an Asus A8R32 MVP DELUXE motherboard, an AMD Athlon 64 4000+, and 2GB OCZ ram (in addition to all the less pertinent stuff).

If I overclock my graphics card and my CPU (I may use Crossfire but probably not if it's as futile as I've heard...), what sort of PSU am I looking at..?

I was gonna get a 750W one but they're out of stock EVERYWHERE in Australia for some reason... :S
Which I guess is a good thing because I probably didn't need it.

So does anyone know what kind of PSU I should be getting for this setup, assuming that I'll eventually OC? Any recommendations, please?

Thanks. :)

I don't think those are available in Australia. if they are, they're probabbly going to be quite pricey though.

you do want to spend a bit of money on a good PSU, but at the same time it is often not smart to spend too much when you really don't need to

apokalipse said:
I don't think those are available in Australia. if they are, they're probabbly going to be quite pricey though.

you do want to spend a bit of money on a good PSU, but at the same time it is often not smart to spend too much when you really don't need to

Do you mean the psu i recommended? i dont see why it wouldnt be in australia and it deffinetly doesnt cost too much. Im in UK and you can pick one up now for about £55 and you think UK is expensive (not u personally)

yes, I do mean the PSU you listed. I've been to many computer stores here and haven't seen one of them for sale.

UK currency is worth about 2.5 times as much as Australian, so 55 pounds is about AU$137.5
plus, there will be the cost of shipping the things into Australia, the profit margin for resellers, the GST on top, and maybe a couple of other things.
at a guess they would probabbly be about AU$200 if they were sold here.

Well if you cant get it there then thats fine. I wasnt suggesting getting it shipped across thats just insane and a waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom