$500 build...........(a gaming one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonga

Baseband Member
Hi i live in Pakistan ......so not every thing is available there e.g gigabyte products,biostar....................they ain't there.so i would request u people to stay in limits.:D

i wud rather like a pc wich shud be future proof,in our curency $500 becomes 40,000Rs
where Rs stands for Rupee

Galaxy .... Pakistan's Leading Computer Store (Home) this is the site from where i have to make my deal.......so i think this will give u a clear picture about what is available or not!!!!!

thanks in advance..............................REMEMBER a gaming one...

the site wich i have mentioned........the prices are written in "Rupees"

What does the budget cover. Is it just for a case and internals? Or do you also need a operating system, mouse, keyboard, monitor?

Hopefully your looking for just a tower because $500 gaming rig with everything would be quite hard.

well its with a case and a monitor and with a psu and a proces...............

but without an OS

plz...............can someone reply??

well its with a case and a monitor and with a psu and a proces...............

but without an OS

plz...............can someone reply??

If by gaming you mean WoW and other mmos then it might be possible. But you live in Pakistan so chances are you would have a hard time building a gaming computer (no monitor) for under $700

I honestly do not know about that site, but either way, I would suggest you just save your RS until you can get enough for better parts, and hopefully buy from a better vendor.

Reply back, thanks.

there is another local forum of pakistan wich gives good advices but not better than people here.................i thought i wud get good results!!!!

on that pakistani forum the best for gaming they adviced me was

e5200
p5ql-am
2gb kingston
250 gb hdd
non-branded psu 750 watts
any cheap case
9600gt 512mb (inno3d)

and they told me that later i could update my pu to a quad core after 1.9 years ......... hehehhehe.

now u guys tell me , isnt this a pro gaming pc hehehehehe

and its for $515 or Rs41000

there is another local forum of pakistan wich gives good advices but not better than people here.................i thought i wud get good results!!!!

e5200
p5ql-am
2gb kingston
250 gb hdd
any cheap case
9600gt 512mb (inno3d)

and they told me that later i could update my pu to a quad core after 1.9 years ......... hehehhehe.

I don't see a monitor.

Well I would try and spend a bit more and get a 9800gt (they have it 9500R or 10000R), 9600gt is decent but 9800gt is a good bit better. Also I wouldn't buy a non-brand 750w psu because the quality might not be good, I would get a lower watt brand name since you won't need a lot of power. I would suggest later on upgrading to more ram, 2GB should be good for most things but a little bit more would be nice. Beyond that it looks good, If you overclock the cpu it should be able to handle almost every game very well.

Also like said, you didn't list a monitor in that build.

oh i forgot the monitor but with it it doe not cross 40000Rs

one of u said that a non-branded psu would not be good............can any one explain me y?

and about the 9800gt (INNO3D) would it be good,.................cuz its the inno3d one people dunt prefer that brand.

if i buy the pentiu dual core , i think i would upgrade it to a quuad of Q9xxx seriesafter two years

can any one tell me with a rough estimate that wud quads be available after 2 years or not.

and i also wanted to ask one more thing................the cooler master psu has a large fan on one of its side..........does than fan suck air or hrows it outwards?

e5200
p5ql-am
2gb kingston
250 gb hdd
any cheap case
9600gt 512mb (inno3d)

You have to supply complete information before you can get good results.

Now I thought you said you budget was $500 with a monitor? Like two other people said, you haven't listed a monitor. That's gonna be at least another $100 if you don't get anything extravagant. Either you raise your budget so you can get a monitor or you can't get that build.

Edit: Ok, your post beat mine.

The psu has a fan on its side? Are you sure you don't mean the case?

A lot of cheap psu's suck, and I bet that non-branded one is cheap and is likely to die on you and it could take the rest of your system with it. You don't want this to happen. Try Antec, Corsair, or PC Power & Cooling.

I've never heard of that gpu brand. The big ones that people like are XFX, eVGA, and maybe BFG for Nvidia. There are others ones that aren't bad such as MSI.

Yeah, Quads will be here in two years still. I'm sure the prices will be similar to what Core 2 duos are now, probably a little cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom