$500 Budget !! Only main parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay about posting but I was away almost all day.

First of all My Video card is PCI-E not AGP.

Second my monitor is a 22" inch Sceptre 1680 x 1050

Third I have seen the CPU charts and for the looks of it the C2D is faster than the 4800 X2 also like I said before is not that I don't want to OC but the thing is that I haven't have much luck doing it but I would love to try in some point in the future.

Is the MOBO that I choose is alright for the build or anyone recommend something different/ better/ cheaper !?!?

Thnx again for your time and patience.

It's not that the C2D isn't faster, it's just that it's not worth the upgrade. The performance difference really is pretty minimal and you won't notice it much. I would wait at least until the Kumas/Agenas/Penryns or any quad core to upgrade your CPU/mobo (Q6600s for $266 in a few months anyone?). It really is pretty senseless spending $300 on something that's barely an upgrade since you're not overclocking.

And sorry about being mistaken on the AGP part.

Between Asus & Gigabyte which one should I go for a nice MOBO with good oc "capabilities" that is under $120 ?!?

Thank you again for your time.

I would not use that gift card just yet becuase you are at a point where no one knows whats going to happen....you see the X2 3600 brisbane chip will OC to 2.8-3.0ghz for 65 bucks a chip...and a board can be had for 80-100 bucks that is good for overclocking one. The new AMD chips will be coming out later and they will use socket AM2 so it would be an easy upgrade...right now i think on a budget like that i would just get a brisbane and overclock it and then get some ram and an 8800GTS 320. If you co C2D you will spend at least 350 bucks on ram mobo and a board while you still need a decent cooler to go high. 150 bcks wont get you anything better than a 7900GS is all....now if you can spend some extra cash on top of that gift card then you can make a nice little entire budget and sell what you have left over...the thing is 450w is pushing it for an 8800GTS as well so it's really hard to say...

It's all up to you man I myself would go AM2 and get an X2 3600....overclock it...get some decent RAM 2x1GB and then a video card such as a 7900GS. You will see a huge increase from your current rig but it wont be state of the art. Then you could sell your 6800GT and chip and mobo to save up for an 8800GTS and a PSU. Thats what I would do.

LOL, I think you guys misunderstand and I mistype the situation what I meant is that this week is my birthday and my mom is giving me $500 my father is giving me $400 but he is going to give me that money two weeks after my birthday.
So I have in total $900.

I hope this solve the confusion that most likely I make at the first post ;) .

So now I hope we can get to the feedback of the parts that I was planning changing; mobo, memory, CPU & video card.

This is what i got so far:
Newegg.com - EVGA 640-P2-N825-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SUPERCLOCKED HDCP Video Card - Retail

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

I can't decide which memory should I go:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

I didn't post any MOBO because I really not sure what to get, so any help with this will be really appreciated.

Thank you for time and patience and sorry for the confusion.

No, get this ram
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
The same one you had before. You will be able to SLIGHTLY, EVER SO SLIGHTLY OC higher with the other RAM, but it's not even close to justifying the price difference.

I would get this motherboard, Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 1.3) LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

It's similar to the one I have, except they revised it to being 1333/1066 FSB only, and you'll be running 1066 stock, so it's perfect and cheaper than the non revised DS3.

You sure are spoiled man...... $900 for your birthday.....wow.... my parents are divorced and I've never even gotten a third of that, and my step dad makes close to seven figures..... :-/ I hate stingy parents...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom