$500 Budget !! Only main parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanto

Daemon Poster
Hi all,

My Bday is coming next week ( May 5 :happy: ) and I'm getting $500 as a gift so I decide to finallly upgrade or should I said change platform to a Intel C2D.

I know by fact that I have to get the E6600 but I'm not sure about the MOBO and good DDR2, so I was wondering if you guys could help me choose a good MOBO and memory.

Here is what I got so far:

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 1.3) LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

Total: $436.98 + $31.46 shipping.

The main purpose of my PC will be gaming, I'm not a fan of overclocking but I would like to try in the future just to let you guys know.
PLZ feel free to make any change to the mobo and memory if you feel that there is something better because I know there is :happy: .

PS: I didn't include the videocard but I'm getting it in a couple of weeks after this buy (8800GTS 640mb).

Thnx for your time :)

Phanto

correct me if im wrong but theres not a world of difference between the 4800 X2 and the E6600?
I think you should install the 8800 into what you have now, unless you want that extra 5 fps in games..............

Before anyone says it, i know the E6600 would kill his processor after overclocking but he doesnt like to do that......

correct me if im wrong but theres not a world of difference between the 4800 X2 and the E6600?
I think you should install the 8800 into what you have now, unless you want that extra 5 fps in games..............

Before anyone says it, i know the E6600 would kill his processor after overclocking but he doesnt like to do that......

He probably only has AGP..

^^the chaintech vnf4 has pci-e x16^^
i agree with johhny u.k. (no you're not wrong, hardly any difference in stock 4800 and stock 6600),
there is no sense in changing to c2d if you are not planning on overclocking.
go ahead and upgrade your gfx with the money you have to spend...and you just HAVE to spend it lol...
and also, if you want to try your hand at overclocking...your s939 4800 coupled with the nf4 ultra chipset (which is awesome), is NO SLOUCH at overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom