50" HD Monitor Resolution Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwiz

MechEng Extraordinaire
so i've been using the 50" in my sig as a second monitor (sometimes a clone monitor) and its working fine: http://www.samsung.com/Products/TV/DLPTV/HLR5078WXXAA.asp

its 1920 x 1080p and i have it hooked up to my 7900GT w/ a DVI to HDMI cable. my computer says that it is running at 1920x1080 but the problem is that the desktop is like 2 mouse widths too wide on each side and a half of a mouse hight to big on the top and bottom. in other words, the desk top is not formated on my screen correctly.

will a calibration dvd help? is this software or hardware issue?

thanks

probably a video card issue, unplug that other monitor, and see how it works. then report back.

i was reading the manual online, i think it may be as simple as adjusting some stuff on the tv... shrinking the picture

yeah, on all monitors there are those buttons on it, that alllow u to stretch or compress the screen, try that too.

ok, so i tried to do what the manual said... switch from 16:9 to "widePC" in the picture menu but the only options were 16:9 and 4:3 with the zoom1 and zoom2 options not available... i didnt even see "widePC".... u can only adjust the picture in widepc mode... im lost/screwd at this point. any help?

p.s. im using a DVI to HDMI cable.

woops, may have figured out the prob.... one of the HDMI in's says "DVI IN" right under it.... i didnt notice this cuz its up against my wall... but, once again, it was in the manual! who woulda guessed? i'll try it when i get home and let ya'll know how it goes

ok, i def figured out the problem, FINALLY!

Samsung DLP's DO NOT support DVI to HDMI connections... how gay is that?

anyway, i gotta go VGA to VGA to get it to format perfectly.... right now im just cloning my benq 20.1" and using the big screen for every1 to watch me pwn noobs... the formating doesnt matter in fps cuz the very edge is unused anyway

wow, its a dlp t.v., that must look amazing.. those things cost a forture.... i was sitting in costco looking at one, and i was just amazed at the quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom